Xbox 360 won't power on

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by peanut132, Jan 23, 2009 with 11 replies and 481 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peanut132

peanut132 Newbie

Ratings:
    I am having trouble with my xbox 360. It will not turn on at all . I think it might have RROD but I cannot see if it does cause it won't power on. I have tried multiple powerblock on it and it will not turn on with any of them. Please advise it would be very helpful thank you

2. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    I know this sounds obvious but make sure the power cord is plugged in. Check that 1st.

3. OP
    peanut132

peanut132 Newbie

Ratings:
    the power cord is plugged in

4. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    The same thing happened to my friend. His disk drive was jammed, so the 360 wouldn't turn on. Happened to this guy too,

[Click here to view the link]

If that doesn't work you may have to send in your 360 to microsuck.

5. OP
    peanut132

peanut132 Newbie

Ratings:
    but mine doesn't have any power at all.... No lights no nothing ... You think it still is the disc drive jammed ?

i Manually ejected it with no luck ...still won't power on ....however i did find a game in it ...haha that was nice.... but it still will not power on at all. please help

i Manually ejected it with no luck ...still won't power on ....however i did find a game in it ...haha that was nice.... but it still will not power on at all. please help

6. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    Call up microsoft 18004myxbox your 360 is probably done.

7. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Also, just to be very sure just unplug everything from the 360 and let it rest for awhile and see if it magically starts working again. Also unplug the power block from the wall. I know that you tried multiple power blocks but just try this.

8. OP
    peanut132

peanut132 Newbie

Ratings:
    it is out of warranty though

9. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Then they will probably charge you 100$ if you send it in. It sucks but unless you can find a way to fix it or get a cheaper 360 then you have to do it.

10. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    what's the led colour on the power brick? Also, if the 360 is out of warranty, try opening it up, unplugging both cords to the dvd drive, and then trying again. IF it is indeed a problem with the dvd drive (like that one fat planet post), then simply removing the whole drive would render the 360 working again (to a certain degree), but of course only do this to isolate the problem.

11. x Freedom x

x Freedom x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    1. Try it in a different plug outlet.
    2. Make sure it is connected in the power brick firmly.
    3. Make sure it is in the back of the xbox fully so you hear a click noise.

That is the only stuff it could be really, If it won't even turn on maybe you completely fried your GPU.

12. starbury3rules

starbury3rules Newbie

Ratings:
    yea this happens to me too i mean i have 2 360s i think maybe u have too many things pulgged into one power brick because i have my 52" flat screen n some other stuff plugged into one brick n sometimes my 360 wouldnt fully power on n i had my old fridge into the same power brick i decided to take it out n i havent had any problems since

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.