What's new

Unsolved xbox 360 with dvd drive flashed failing to play some games

S

Sakuya50

Reaction score
So i have a xbox 360 with lt 3.0 and im trying to play some games burned in some discs i bought the only problem is it stops reading the dvd drive stops spinning and the laser just turns off when this happens my xbox just freezes and forces me to shut down the xbox i also tried installing the game in my hard drive but after some time (happens at random %) it says dirty disk clean it soooo is my dvd drive almost dead or do i need a new laser?

G

G_ecko

Reaction score
First of all disconnect everything except for HDMI and power (disconnect the hard drive too if you have one). Power the console on and try out the burned games. Are those burned games known to be working before? Were you experiencing this recently? Try some other games to see if you get the issue. Maybe try cleaning your laser and disc drive.

S

Sakuya50

Reaction score
First of all disconnect everything except for HDMI and power (disconnect the hard drive too if you have one). Power the console on and try out the burned games. Are those burned games known to be working before? Were you experiencing this recently? Try some other games to see if you get the issue. Maybe try cleaning your laser and disc drive.
i saw it on internet and it was really cheap so i bought but judging from the place it was sold yeah i guess it was working and yes it happens with other games tried fifa 16 and dmc hd collection with fifa the comentarist stop talking and the game freezes and dmc just freezes when you are chaning area or chapter i also tried all what you said and is still not working

G

G_ecko

Reaction score
It could be your disk drive. Open up your console clean it, repaste it (if you want to) then disconnect the disk drive and reconnect it. It could of maybe somehow disconnected or it has bad contact. And as a final measure open up the disk drive and try cleaning it too. Clean the laser because it could be having bad reads too. Then put it back together. If nothing else works and you really want to be able to play the game normally order a new disk drive and flash it so it works with your 360. Make sure you have the DVD key to do that.
Post automatically merged:

It could also be the CDs you used just not working well with the 360 so try buying a new pack from your nearest dollar store or Walmart.
Post automatically merged:

Also if nothing else works and you don't want to replace the disc drive then buy a new laser or salvage one. Make sure it's the correct laser or else you may experience issues. Also try re-flashing the disc drive if possible.

Top Bottom