What's new

Unsolved Xbox 360 turns on for split second and turns off

W

whoami2

Reaction score
I have an xbox 360 slim rgh that i tried to fix a few months ago. It wouldn't boot to either xell or dashboard but would just show the single center green light. I somehow managed to boot to xbox dashboard by removing the hard drive and it worked just for that single boot and stop booting again with the drive in or out.
I kinda given up on it since then. I made a post actually, on this forum but i dont remember the account. I did try desoldering all of the wires from either the Coolrunner or the motherboard to see if it would help but still the same. Fast forward to today i tried it again and all it does is boot for literally split second and turns off and i can do it again after a few seconds. I cleaned it with compressed air, both the console and the power brick but it still does the same thing. Here's a video i took before cleaning it:
Thanks in advance

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
Check all soldering points and surrounding areas for shorts . Other than that chuck it /burn it !

W

whoami2

Reaction score
Check all soldering points and surrounding areas for shorts . Other than that chuck it /burn it !
I did already so I'm guessing I can only burn it now hahah
I have an xbox 360 slim e psu lying around so I will try soldering my old psu connector to the new psu tu myb rule out the psu
I know it's not even worth it since I can buy an xb360 for dirt cheap now
Post automatically merged:

It spins now and lights up( the center green light)
But it doesnt give any picture

Last edited:
Top Bottom