What's new

Unsolved Xbox 360 Trinity Viper Dual Nand V2 requires complete power removal

• Thread starter ZeroBuffoonery
  • Start date
  • Views 173
Z

ZeroBuffoonery

Reaction score
Hey y'all.... just completed my second RGH and first Viper dual nand install. Both nands are working completely, but the only issue I'm having is I have to completely remove power after I shut down, as in unplug the power cord for a few seconds. After that, I can select nand 1 or 2 and it'll boot into either one. If I shut down without removing power, it'll fail. Unfortunately my dumb self didn't test this before completely putting back together or I'd show some pics of install. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Trinity Mobo
ACE V3
Viper Dual Nand V2
Installed connecting wires to mobo rather than ACE V3
Didn't solder any wires to the Chip or 5V pads on Viper

Z

ZeroBuffoonery

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Worked perfectly the day after the original post without attempting any fixes or introducing changes until about 30 minutes ago. While it was working, I could swap between nands without issue as frequently as I wanted.

When it doesn't work, on the stock nand the console's power light will turn green and then instantly red. On the Viper nand, the power light will remain green, but the Ace won't attempt to glitch, just a solid red light. Removing the power supply for a few seconds and plugging back in will fix the issue.

Still looking for any suggestions. Thanks.

X

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Worked perfectly the day after the original post without attempting any fixes or introducing changes until about 30 minutes ago. While it was working, I could swap between nands without issue as frequently as I wanted.

When it doesn't work, on the stock nand the console's power light will turn green and then instantly red. On the Viper nand, the power light will remain green, but the Ace won't attempt to glitch, just a solid red light. Removing the power supply for a few seconds and plugging back in will fix the issue.

Still looking for any suggestions. Thanks.
Sounds like you've got a wire loose in the console, This kind of error occurs when the console can't figure out which NAND is selected. Check your timing files are correct and you're using a MUFFIN Dual NAND file or Viper file.
The VIPER should act as follows:
Stock nand:
Console turns on, ACE will show a solid green light for a few seconds, but won't glitch, console then turns on as normal
VIPER Nand:
Console turns on, Ace will start to glitch, boot within a few seconds.

Top Bottom