What's new

Unsolved Xbox 360 Trinity, S-RGH, Xell Reloaded works but dash goes to E-73

T

TheCoolDave

Reaction score
Hi,

I am lost, maybe someone can give me a good direction. I pretty much followed Dr. Mario's video and this thread..

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...orial-start-to-finish-slim-only-16mb.1595235/

My system is 4gb Trinity, system works fine besides sometimes it had issues reading discs, it's why I used this one. Soldering looks fairly good, they have sold connections at the points. I just don't know the original dash board but, a month before starting this, I was playing on Xbox live with it (2-3 months old MAX).

I have a Jr-programmer that I am using. I was able to take NAND backups fine, I wrote the ECC no problem. I got the timing down to under 15 seconds normally. Xell Reloaded normally boots up in under 10 seconds.

I did the final step, Got the CPU key, loaded one of the NAND backups, did Create XeBuld and Write NAND. When booting the console, I end up with a E-73 error. If I hit the eject button to boot, Xell Reloaded loads with no problems.

Assuming dashboard mixups, I tried 17559 ,17511, 147599, 17502,17498, 17349, 17150, 16767, 9199 versions.

All with the same result.

Any idea on what to try on this ? This is driving me nuts so close but so far !

Thanks !

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I am lost, maybe someone can give me a good direction. I pretty much followed Dr. Mario's video and this thread..

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...orial-start-to-finish-slim-only-16mb.1595235/

My system is 4gb Trinity, system works fine besides sometimes it had issues reading discs, it's why I used this one. Soldering looks fairly good, they have sold connections at the points. I just don't know the original dash board but, a month before starting this, I was playing on Xbox live with it (2-3 months old MAX).

I have a Jr-programmer that I am using. I was able to take NAND backups fine, I wrote the ECC no problem. I got the timing down to under 15 seconds normally. Xell Reloaded normally boots up in under 10 seconds.

I did the final step, Got the CPU key, loaded one of the NAND backups, did Create XeBuld and Write NAND. When booting the console, I end up with a E-73 error. If I hit the eject button to boot, Xell Reloaded loads with no problems.

Assuming dashboard mixups, I tried 17559 ,17511, 147599, 17502,17498, 17349, 17150, 16767, 9199 versions.

All with the same result.

Any idea on what to try on this ? This is driving me nuts so close but so far !

Thanks !
Write your stock/original nand dump back to the console.Unplug the power cable from your console.De-solder the power wire that you've soldered to your glitch chip from your 360 board.
Plug in the power cable again and make sure it boots to stock dashboard.
If it boots okay,go into your dashboard/settings/Console Info and check what the dashboard version it's currently running.
Then report back with an update please ?

T

TheCoolDave

Reaction score
Write your stock/original nand dump back to the console.Unplug the power cable from your console.De-solder the power wire that you've soldered to your glitch chip from your 360 board.
If it boots okay,go into your dashboard/settings/Console Info and check what the dashboard version it's currently running.
I'll try to this tonight, thanks !

T

TheCoolDave

Reaction score

Ok, I connected to the PC again, Found a copy of rawflash_v4, put on FAT32 usb drive with my original NAND named to nandflash.bin boot to Xell, it flashes (according to a video I watched) then I unsoldered the 5v from the ACE V3.

When I boot up the 360, the center light blinks a few times, then goes to E-73, It looks like it's stull trying to glitch.

Am I doing something wrong when trying to get this back to stock ? Never tried this step before...

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I connected to the PC again, Found a copy of rawflash_v4, put on FAT32 usb drive with my original NAND named to nandflash.bin boot to Xell, it flashes (according to a video I watched) then I unsoldered the 5v from the ACE V3.

When I boot up the 360, the center light blinks a few times, then goes to E-73, It looks like it's stull trying to glitch.

Am I doing something wrong when trying to get this back to stock ? Never tried this step before...
Just use J-Runner to reflash your "Stock/original" nand back to your 360.Click on "Load Source" to select and load your stock nand dump/extraction.Select "Retail" over on the right side of J-Runner.Then click on the tab "Write Nand".Once it's wrote back to your console.Unplug your power cable from your board,wait about 10 seconds.Re-plug your power cable and HDMI cable back in and power on your console.

T

TheCoolDave

Reaction score
Just use J-Runner to reflash your "Stock/original" nand back to your 360.Click on "Load Source" to select and load your stock nand dump/extraction.Select "Retail" over on the right side of J-Runner.Then click on the tab "Write Nand".Once it's wrote back to your console.Unplug your power cable from your board,wait about 10 seconds.Re-plug your power cable and HDMI cable back in and power on your console.

So, did this last night, Tried component cables and HDMI. Pulled my original NAND that I backed up when I first started this. Set to Retail and Flashed with no errors. Let it sit for an hour after flashing (had something to do).

Connected, green light flashes a bunch of times, then goes to E-73.

I booted up primary Xbox 360 that I used on line. When powering up, the green light does not blink, its solid, then all the rings light up on boot up. This is why I kind of think my modded console is still trying to glitch but, I could be wrong.

This was a 95% working console (sometimes had problems reading discs) before. Did it die on me ?

EDIT, Thinking of things. I have just the board out, it's not in case, or with the fan, it might be causing the problem because the fan is not connected... 360 will error out if the fan is not connected, I have seen this before repairing them... I'll try that tonight...

Last edited:
T

TheCoolDave

Reaction score
This is still an issue, I flashed to stock, and it's going E-73. Do you think my console died while doing this ?

Fan is all plugged in, DVD drive is, even the hard drive, still goes to E-73...

T

Teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Reaction score
This is still an issue, I flashed to stock, and it's going E-73. Do you think my console died while doing this ?

Fan is all plugged in, DVD drive is, even the hard drive, still goes to E-73...
xbox-experts.com/errorcode/E73/1021/

Details
Primary Error code: 1 red lights 1 RLOD
E-Code / Secondary Error code: E73 / 1021
Binary/Hex: 01001001 / 0x49 -> 73
Known fixes:
1) Southbridge X-Clamp-Fix
2) Reflow the Southbridge/Ethernet chip area
3) Check the area under the Southbridge for parts that might have fallen off and solder them back on.
4) In rare cases it can also be GPU related so an X-Clamp Fix might work as well (bigart666)

Related Errors: Powered by Xbox-experts.com
No Related Errors available!
Description:
This error is caused by a cold solder joint under the Southbridge or the ethernet chip.In rare cases it can also be triggered by a cold joint under the GPU on one of the lines that run to the Southbridge chip.
And missing parts(caps, resistors...) under the Southbridge can trigger this error as well.

This was posted by R Rodent Modz elsewhere. Maybe he can take a look if he is still around.

T

TheCoolDave

Reaction score
xbox-experts.com/errorcode/E73/1021/

Details
Primary Error code: 1 red lights 1 RLOD
E-Code / Secondary Error code: E73 / 1021
Binary/Hex: 01001001 / 0x49 -> 73
Known fixes:
1) Southbridge X-Clamp-Fix
2) Reflow the Southbridge/Ethernet chip area
3) Check the area under the Southbridge for parts that might have fallen off and solder them back on.
4) In rare cases it can also be GPU related so an X-Clamp Fix might work as well (bigart666)

Related Errors: Powered by Xbox-experts.com
No Related Errors available!
Description:
This error is caused by a cold solder joint under the Southbridge or the ethernet chip.In rare cases it can also be triggered by a cold joint under the GPU on one of the lines that run to the Southbridge chip.
And missing parts(caps, resistors...) under the Southbridge can trigger this error as well.

This was posted by R Rodent Modz elsewhere. Maybe he can take a look if he is still around.

SIgh... too bad it was fully working till opened it up !

I'll give that a shot...

Top Bottom