What's new

Solved Xbox 360 Trinity RGH 2.0 Kinect update required? 17559

T

thenic

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi there,

my Trinity with Ace V3 runs at Kernel 2.0.17599.0 D:2.0.17559.0 - K:2.0.17559.0 (BK:2.0.1888.0) created with xeBuildGUI 2.098_17559 and flashed with Simple NAND Flasher. Everything works but when I plug in Kinect, it notices me about an update which I can't install because of activated Live blockers. Do I have to disable these and update online? The 17559 update over USB in $SystemUpdate won't get recognized, maybe because I'm already on 17559?

I only found old tips for this issue, so can you please give me a hint?

Thanks,
Nico

Cellular Web

Cellular Web

Where wolf's ears are, wolf's teeth are near.
10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to rename the update folder to $$ystemUpdate and make sure the folder is placed in the root of the USB, also make sure your USB is formatted to Fat32 or ExFat.

T

thenic

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you very much mates, this makes my day! Renaming the directory did the trick and Kinect works now.

Me idiot thought that the "$$ystemUpdate" thing is a typo ...

1QWK96GT

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all!

I checked my USB and there was not a file named $$ystemUpdate however there was one in my HDD named $SystemUpdate. I tried renaming that and I also coped that same folder in the root of my USB and named it $$ystemUpdate still a no go. Am I missing something or something else to check?

Any help is appreciated.

Im trying to get my Kinect to work with a RGH/JTAG Xbox 360.

Cellular Web

Cellular Web

Where wolf's ears are, wolf's teeth are near.
10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all!

I checked my USB and there was not a file named $$ystemUpdate however there was one in my HDD named $SystemUpdate. I tried renaming that and I also coped that same folder in the root of my USB and named it $$ystemUpdate still a no go. Am I missing something or something else to check?

Any help is appreciated.

Im trying to get my Kinect to work with a RGH/JTAG Xbox 360.
Download the update file for USB on Microsoft’s website.

gunn1e

gunn1e

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just out of interest, what kinect games you playin? ive never used one before, recommend me something that good on the Kinect? Cheers bud.

1QWK96GT

Reaction score
Sin$
Just out of interest, what kinect games you playin? ive never used one before, recommend me something that good on the Kinect? Cheers bud.
Thanks! Yea I am trying to get this Disneyland Adventures Kinect game to work for my kids. lol I also have a dancing game that I wanted to try. I am also sure my kids would love that Sonic Kinec game.

Top Bottom
Login
Register