What's new

Solved XBOX 360 STREAMING?!?!

jamesgarretttt

jamesgarretttt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So, first and foremost, if i am in the wrong section i apologize.

Simple question, im curious if using a capture card or something of the sort over streaming through the windows 10 xbox app, would that help smooth my stream up? i just cant seem to find any clear answers.

not even sure if im wording the question right

Shoe

Shoe

♛COTM July 2016♛
Hidden Devils
CotM FotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
I found out buying a capure card and having a good enough PC to run either OBS or the Elgato Game Capture App to stream and it worked perfectly with the Elgato App on pc. Using a capure card allows you to record directly from the console in question or even the PC screen.

jamesgarretttt

jamesgarretttt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I found out buying a capure card and having a good enough PC to run either OBS or the Elgato Game Capture App to stream and it worked perfectly with the Elgato App on pc. Using a capure card allows you to record directly from the console in question or even the PC screen.

thanks for the quick response. so my computer is currently only running 4 gb ram. which i know is low, but i've managed to run obs, while having the xbox app streaming and my live pop out chat. those three things only. with stream settings low.

that being said. i've already ordered 4 more gn of ram so i will have 8 gb now. should i still get a capture card and would i need a high end one?

Shoe

Shoe

♛COTM July 2016♛
Hidden Devils
CotM FotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks for the quick response. so my computer is currently only running 4 gb ram. which i know is low, but i've managed to run obs, while having the xbox app streaming and my live pop out chat. those three things only. with stream settings low.

that being said. i've already ordered 4 more gn of ram so i will have 8 gb now. should i still get a capture card and would i need a high end one?

I mean im on 4gb ram and it hardly uses it as it mostly runs off my CPU ( the elgato app and obs) and having a I3 for that isnt good.

But for capture cards, I'm using a first gen Elgato and it does what i need it to.

jamesgarretttt

jamesgarretttt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I mean im on 4gb ram and it hardly uses it as it mostly runs off my CPU ( the elgato app and obs) and having a I3 for that isnt good.

But for capture cards, I'm using a first gen Elgato and it does what i need it to.

oh, word.

ok. i know one thing. on my minimal streaming set up (absolutely no plugins) my obs says 'encoder overload. try lowering video settings'.
while youtube says 'video input too low'

lost.

Shoe

Shoe

♛COTM July 2016♛
Hidden Devils
CotM FotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
oh, word.

ok. i know one thing. on my minimal streaming set up (absolutely no plugins) my obs says 'encoder overload. try lowering video settings'.
while youtube says 'video input too low'

lost.

No idea about that as i dont really use OBS for streaming. Some of the ex streamers for 7s might help you. Think Nokia Nokia was one.

Shoe

Shoe

♛COTM July 2016♛
Hidden Devils
CotM FotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
long story short, just invest in a elgato?
the streaming software included works like any other broadcast software?

I mean its up to you if you want to get one but it makes my life easier as you can record on anythign that has HDMI output.

And i believe it works like anything else

Nokia

Nokia

[nokia@se7ensins ~]$
Lifetime
Beginning of An Odyssey Stickied Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
No idea about that as i dont really use OBS for streaming. Some of the ex streamers for 7s might help you. Think Nokia Nokia was one.
I indeed was back when the whole thing started up.
jamesgarretttt jamesgarretttt more ram isn't going to help you while streaming most likely. Streaming is an incredibly CPU intensive task, and the only way you're going to get better performance is to get a better CPU. You can stream off of a GPU, but since you're CPU can't handle it I don't think you have one powerful enough to do that either. Elgato's Capture HD software is very CPU intensive as well, in fact, I think more so than OBS if you plan on doing anything above 30FPS. I would save your money for the Elgato and invest in a better setup as a whole. Maybe possibly look into the new Zen (Ryzen) line of processors from AMD? I own one and I can vouch that they are awesome for streaming, mines never even broken a sweat while streaming and gaming on the same PC.

jamesgarretttt

jamesgarretttt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I indeed was back when the whole thing started up.
jamesgarretttt jamesgarretttt more ram isn't going to help you while streaming most likely. Streaming is an incredibly CPU intensive task, and the only way you're going to get better performance is to get a better CPU. You can stream off of a GPU, but since you're CPU can't handle it I don't think you have one powerful enough to do that either. Elgato's Capture HD software is very CPU intensive as well, in fact, I think more so than OBS if you plan on doing anything above 30FPS. I would save your money for the Elgato and invest in a better setup as a whole. Maybe possibly look into the new Zen (Ryzen) line of processors from AMD? I own one and I can vouch that they are awesome for streaming, mines never even broken a sweat while streaming and gaming on the same PC.

damn. that was incredibly helpful

and that's a big bummer about the ram :frown:

i have a hp pavilion dv6 and it does have amd. i have a friend who owns a computer shop and he said it's not easy to upgrade the GPU on a labtop because it's built into the motherboard. dunno if that's true or if he's trying to avoid more work... LOL

i'm running 64 bit windows 10. i also think, off the top of my head, that my GPU is a AMD 4200. which i heard is generally mid range in the spectrum of GPUS.

i've considered buying a new labtop. but i've already bought my RGH, ninja every week. was just trying to exhaust any plausible option minus buying a whole 500+ buck rig

Nokia

Nokia

[nokia@se7ensins ~]$
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$

i have a hp pavilion dv6 and it does have amd. i have a friend who owns a computer shop and he said it's not easy to upgrade the GPU on a labtop because it's built into the motherboard. dunno if that's true or if he's trying to avoid more work... LOL

i'm running 64 bit windows 10. i also think, off the top of my head, that my GPU is a AMD 4200. which i heard is generally mid range in the spectrum of GPUS.

i've considered buying a new labtop. but i've already bought my RGH, ninja every week. was just trying to exhaust any plausible option minus buying a whole 500+ buck rig
No problem. You're friend is correct about your laptop, it would have a GPU soldered into the motherboard if there is one. However, normally I would believe that you're using an APU, not a standard CPU. This means that the GPU and CPU are all in the same chip, which is soldered into the motherboard on lower end laptops such as pavilions. Nothing wrong with pavilions though, because I'm typing this message to you right now on my pavilion haha. Any APU is going to be on the lower end of graphics horsepower, there's just not enough room to really get what you can get out of a full GPU. Sadly, for the pavilion line of computers really the only things that can be upgraded is the RAM, the storage, and the screen. Maybe the speakers and optical media drives if you're really into modding. Doing some looking, I found a PassMark score for your CPU and it's probably showing it's age a lot by now. It does seem that if you do have a GPU that it would be soldered into the motherboard considering that the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ is just a CPU, not a APU like I originally thought in the start of my reply. I'm not sure if it has integrated graphics or not since I haven't looked that far into it, but it's not going to have as much graphics power as a APU if it does. If you're going to be streaming, I would put all of your future money into hardware.

jamesgarretttt

jamesgarretttt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No problem. You're friend is correct about your laptop, it would have a GPU soldered into the motherboard if there is one. However, normally I would believe that you're using an APU, not a standard CPU. This means that the GPU and CPU are all in the same chip, which is soldered into the motherboard on lower end laptops such as pavilions. Nothing wrong with pavilions though, because I'm typing this message to you right now on my pavilion haha. Any APU is going to be on the lower end of graphics horsepower, there's just not enough room to really get what you can get out of a full GPU. Sadly, for the pavilion line of computers really the only things that can be upgraded is the RAM, the storage, and the screen. Maybe the speakers and optical media drives if you're really into modding. Doing some looking, I found a PassMark score for your CPU and it's probably showing it's age a lot by now. It does seem that if you do have a GPU that it would be soldered into the motherboard considering that the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ is just a CPU, not a APU like I originally thought in the start of my reply. I'm not sure if it has integrated graphics or not since I haven't looked that far into it, but it's not going to have as much graphics power as a APU if it does. If you're going to be streaming, I would put all of your future money into hardware.

ughhh you are absolutely right in saying it's starting to use its age. excellent computer. just seeming to be perfect for regular home use, not streaming.
i'm not necessarily trying to be like hardcore streaming. i just want a simple stream with maybe one or two browser plugin overlays. and just using my game capture through windows 10 is cpu heavy enough.

if i'm looking into a new system, i'm definitely not trying to buy a master race computer. let me be clear hahaha.
i just want something that can handle a little more. what sort of specs could you advise that i look for?

Nokia

Nokia

[nokia@se7ensins ~]$
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
ughhh you are absolutely right in saying it's starting to use its age. excellent computer. just seeming to be perfect for regular home use, not streaming.
i'm not necessarily trying to be like hardcore streaming. i just want a simple stream with maybe one or two browser plugin overlays. and just using my game capture through windows 10 is cpu heavy enough.

if i'm looking into a new system, i'm definitely not trying to buy a master race computer. let me be clear hahaha.
i just want something that can handle a little more. what sort of specs could you advise that i look for?
Completely depends on your budget for a new computer. PM me and I'll try to help you out. Just click on my name and hit 'start a conversation.'

Y

yomav

Reaction score
Sin$

i've considered buying a new labtop. but i've already bought my RGH Cricket Live, ninja every week. was just trying to exhaust any plausible option minus buying a whole 500+ buck rig
1. Xbox App Streaming: The Windows 10 Xbox app allows you to stream your Xbox console's gameplay to your PC. The streaming process is handled by your local network, with the Xbox doing the video encoding and sending the data to your PC for display and streaming.

2. Capture Card: A capture card is an external device that connects to your PC and captures video and audio from an external source, such as a gaming console, and sends it to your PC for recording or streaming purposes. It takes the load of video encoding off your console and can provide a smoother and higher-quality stream.

Advantages of Using a Capture Card for Streaming:

• Better Video Quality: A capture card can provide higher-quality video compared to the built-in streaming capabilities of the Xbox app, especially if you use a high-quality capture card that supports higher resolutions and bitrates.
  • Reduced Load on the Xbox: Streaming through a capture card offloads the video encoding process from the Xbox, potentially leading to improved performance in resource-intensive games.
  • More Control: Capture cards often come with software that allows you to fine-tune your stream settings and have more control over the streaming process.
Considerations:

• Hardware Compatibility: Ensure that your capture card is compatible with your PC and supports the resolution and refresh rate you desire for streaming.
  • Internet Connection: Streaming quality also depends on your internet upload speed. A fast and stable internet connection is crucial for smooth streaming.
  • PC Performance: Your PC's performance is also a factor. While a capture card offloads the video encoding from the console, your PC still needs to handle the streaming process.

Top Bottom
Login
Register