Solved Xbox 360 = some what broken

• Thread starter wiley
  • Start date
  • Views 457
W

wiley

Reaction score
Sin$
So, not to long my xbox 360 decided to stop reading anything that went into the tray, my guess is my disc drive laser is broken because it just doesn't recognize there's a disc in the tray. So i called up microsoft and of course my warranty was up so i would have to spend $100 to send it in. So i was wondering a few things is it possible to force my xbox 360 to get 3 red rings of death or the e74 error code so that i could get my problem fixed for free. Also while I've been trying to figure things out I've been experimenting with ISO files of xbox 360 games. I have a transfer cable, so I was wondering if there was a way to move the ISO file to the HDD and if there is where would i put it on the HDD. It would be nice if i didn't need discs in the tray at all, like free versions of full downloaded games.

P.S.
I don't wish to open my xbox 360 and install a new disc drive.

Thanks for any and all help.

Zeast

Zeast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well to get R.R.O.D. just leave your xbox on for long amounts of time,but just to be safe make sure it doesn't catch on fire. Good luck.

W

wiley

Reaction score
Sin$
like how long, because if over heating is the goal, I've already tried blocking the vents and that has only gotten me 2 red rings and they go away once it's cooled down.

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
well, to rrod pop of a ram chip or tape over the exhaust vent and turn it on untill it over heats then let it cool then turn it on again, until u get rrod, or u can simply replace the drive which will be much cheaper than sending it to ms i will help u with that if u choice to do that.

W

wiley

Reaction score
Sin$
well, to rrod pop of a ram chip or tape over the exhaust vent and turn it on untill it over heats then let it cool then turn it on again, until u get rrod, or u can simply replace the drive which will be much cheaper than sending it to ms i will help u with that if u choice to do that.

I've done similar to this and the towel trick but all it gives me is 2 rings and they go away, if I send it in like that microsoft will just turn it on either see green lights or only 2 rings and send it right back, so anyother suggestions, o and I'm trying to make it so i spend 0 dollars on this xbox. Until, I can afford the newest one... should be better i hope.

V

Violaremos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Screw that s*** they gave me my ****** one back, but just replaced the motherboard. Fix it yourself, I don't really know the fix, I just opened mine yesterday and it automatically fixed itself when I opened it, I think it was because there was shitloads of dust everywhere.

W

wiley

Reaction score
Sin$
I really doubt opening it will fix a disc drive problem... but sure... All I want to know is if there's a way to force three red rings because I've tried wrapping it up and running it constantly for over 24 hours. Or, if theres a way to transfered torrented ISO game files to the HDD drive via transfer cable. That way i wouldn't even need a disc drive.

Jman864

Jman864

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey all you have 2 do is open it up and loosen then tighten the 4 nuts w/ an allen wrench...google open tray error and tada. it is a very easy fix.

And the iso to hdd thing wont work.

Top Bottom
Login
Register