What's new

Solved xbox 360 slim

• Thread starter spaseballz
  • Start date
  • Views 343
S

spaseballz

Reaction score
How do i do a data transfer from my xbox 360 slim to my pc. The data transfer cable doesnt work since the HDD doesnt pop out like the old 360. I am a noob so detailed instructions would be great. Thanks for the help.

X

x Enjoi Life x

Forum Addict
Reaction score
to transfer data from your Slim to your PC you can use a USB flash drive.

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Modder Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Rip open your old hard drive and plug your slim drive into the connector. Open with transfer cable.

Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Don't you have to plug your transfer cable in the slim with the old hard drive?
then i think just transfer data in the memory tab in system settings.

ryanbroadleyx

ryanbroadleyx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i didnt think this was possible with the new xbox slim

C A IL IL U M x

C A IL IL U M x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i used a 500GB external harddrive to copy all my stuff.
too bad it does not let you copy installed games over because now i cant play mw2 :frown:

AG Jailbait

AG Jailbait

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Main point is at Callum...Just reinstall on your new HDD? I did same with 4 games that get errors when not installed.

And the best way to buy a cheap USB at Tesco i got an 8gb one for £13.
Thats more then enough to transfer your DLC+stuff over :smile:

S

spaseballz

Reaction score
Just wanted to make clearer for what i am trying to do because i think a few post are talking about different things. I am not trying to transfer my data from an old xbox to a new one. I have already done that. From my new xbox slim i am trying to save my forza profile and to transfer it to my pc, and then upload to mediafire. Basically i am trying to get money/credits added to my forza profile. Last night i used to the transfer cable to move my forza 3 files from my new xbox 360 slim to my old hard drive. I then hooked the old hard drive up to my pc via the transfer cable. I then dl'd xport360 but it didnt even recognize my HDD at all. I then dl's xplorer 360 and the same thing happened. My computer was showing that i had something plugged into my usb port, but neither program would recomgonze the HDD. I am not sure if this has anything to do with it but the only file/folder on that HDD was my forza folder. Since i cant get that to work it looks like i should be able to transfer the date from old HDD to my new xbox 360 slim, and then transfer the file onto a flashdrive. If there are any other suggestions with the new info i provided it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

B

BHetrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd imagine that you'll have to wait for a program update for either of those programs. Surely they don't support the new drives yet.

Top Bottom