What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved Xbox 360 Slim Trinity RGH Giving Problems

Razor0603

Razor0603

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all, this thread is about my Xbox 360 (16MB Trinity) and my troubles trying to RGH it.
Before I go into detail, let me do some housekeeping:
I'm using J-Runner v3 Beta 8
* Matrix SPI NAND Flasher
* X360Run Glitcher 96MHz Crystal
(Pictures can't be provided because I haven't made 10 posts yet, unless there's another way to show links?)

At first, everything was going well, I stripped the 360 down to the motherboard and soldered the Matrix flasher to the correct pins. I hooked it up to my PC and installed the NAND-X drivers found in J-Runner\common\drivers and it was recognised by J-Runner as a NAND-X.

It read the NAND fine, and read it twice, when I compared the two dumps, it said: "NANDS ARE THE SAME". I moved those to a safe folder and moved on.
Next I clicked "Create ECC" and it just said "ECC CREATED" This seemed very strange as all of the videos that show you how to do this had a lot more text appear.

I shrugged it off and moved on to "Write ECC". It kept saying: "FAILED TO WRITE BLOCK XXXX..." I was worried at first but then I found another forum saying that using a PIC-based NAND Flasher means that those error messages are fake and to be ignored, so I did just that.

I unplugged the 360 and the NAND Flasher and moved on to installing the X360Run Glitcher. I followed the guide provided but it wouldn't boot to XELL, and just booted to a green light followed quickly by a red one. One time it booted the the 360 Dash! I was a bit worried once again, so I turned it off and on again, and this time, a immediate red light, or Red Dot of Death!

I pulled out the glitcher and reattached the NAND Flasher, and flashed back the original NAND. It's been working fine ever since as a retail unit.

What I'd like to do is figure out why I can't get to XELL and get my CPU Key.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all, this thread is about my Xbox 360 (16MB Trinity) and my troubles trying to RGH it.
Before I go into detail, let me do some housekeeping:
I'm using J-Runner v3 Beta 8
* Matrix SPI NAND Flasher
* X360Run Glitcher 96MHz Crystal
(Pictures can't be provided because I haven't made 10 posts yet, unless there's another way to show links?)

At first, everything was going well, I stripped the 360 down to the motherboard and soldered the Matrix flasher to the correct pins. I hooked it up to my PC and installed the NAND-X drivers found in J-Runner\common\drivers and it was recognised by J-Runner as a NAND-X.

It read the NAND fine, and read it twice, when I compared the two dumps, it said: "NANDS ARE THE SAME". I moved those to a safe folder and moved on.
Next I clicked "Create ECC" and it just said "ECC CREATED" This seemed very strange as all of the videos that show you how to do this had a lot more text appear.

I shrugged it off and moved on to "Write ECC". It kept saying: "FAILED TO WRITE BLOCK XXXX..." I was worried at first but then I found another forum saying that using a PIC-based NAND Flasher means that those error messages are fake and to be ignored, so I did just that.

I unplugged the 360 and the NAND Flasher and moved on to installing the X360Run Glitcher. I followed the guide provided but it wouldn't boot to XELL, and just booted to a green light followed quickly by a red one. One time it booted the the 360 Dash! I was a bit worried once again, so I turned it off and on again, and this time, a immediate red light, or Red Dot of Death!

I pulled out the glitcher and reattached the NAND Flasher, and flashed back the original NAND. It's been working fine ever since as a retail unit.

What I'd like to do is figure out why I can't get to XELL and get my CPU Key.
See if you can PM me pictures of your install:
https://www.se7ensins.com/conversations/add?to=Noobert

Be sure to upload them to Imgur and send me the links.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I sent it.
Hey sorry for the super late reply, life and stuff.
First off - Your soldering is excellent, some of the best I've seen in a while.

Second, that article definitely might be correct.
I've personally never used one of those Matrix nand readers, but using nandpro would be easy enough.
The ECC you created was correct as well.

Did you already try writing the ECC with nandpro?

Razor0603

Razor0603

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey sorry for the super late reply, life and stuff.
First off - Your soldering is excellent, some of the best I've seen in a while.

Second, that article definitely might be correct.
I've personally never used one of those Matrix nand readers, but using nandpro would be easy enough.
The ECC you created was correct as well.

Did you already try writing the ECC with nandpro?
Hey, no problem. Life uh, finds a way to give problems!

Also, thanks, I know what it must be like when someone asks for support but the first problem they have is dry joints/ bridged joints.

Another thing, so when it just says ECC created, it's correct and I don't have to worry about CB_9231.bin not found?
No, not yet. I'll try it a little later today, I need to find out how to use it first (I know how to use commandlines but NANDPro crashes immediately when I open it).

Razor0603

Razor0603

Reaction score
Sin$
I flashed ECC using NANDPro and it worked! I also created XeBuild Image and flashed it with with NANDPro too and now it's running FSD3!!

Thanks to everyone who has helped both jarno83 and Noobert, as now I've got an RGH 360!

Top Bottom
Login
Register