What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Xbox 360 Slim Trinity has strange graphics glitch

8769F

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a Trinity which is demonstrating two strange behaviors, and while I'm fearing it might be a CPU/GPU issue I'm interested to hear if anyone has seen this before, or if they have any suggestions of what else to check.

Basically I've noticed a weird graphical glitch with Avatars in the sign in screen where their limbs seems to flail strangely. The other thing that has happened is that after installing GTA V, I try to run it but it crashes on load with a Fatal Error.

Here is what has been done so far:
1. Cleaned everything out to ensure no dust causing any overheating
2. New thermal paste for XCGPU
3. Memory Unit board formatted, and then later removed entirely
4. HDD replaced with a different one
5. HDD formatted several times
6. 17559 update reapplied
7. Tried both HDMI and composite outputs

I expect some responses will be just to ditch the console and pickup a different one, but for me it's more about understanding the fault than simply moving on. Any insight or suggestions on things to look at would be appreciated, or if the consensus is that it needs a reball/XCGPU replacement then that's helpful to know as well.

Thanks!

8769F

Reaction score
Sin$
Update:

After a few months of this behavior I now have an actual error state, which is E82. I believe that this is caused by a failure in the link between the XCGPU die and the EDRAM die in the interposer and so it cannot be fixed (except maybe temporarily) by a reball. Looks like this system would need the XCGPU replaced.

Not sure how to mark a thread as 'Solved'.

Top Bottom
Login
Register