What's new

Solved Xbox 360 slim (RGH) green dot problem...

L

Luke14321

Reaction score
Sin$
So I have just purchased a RGH xbox 360 to find it won't boot, I have researched the problem to find many other people have had this problem but haven't found a fix, or haven't posted it anyways.

So when I power it on there is one green light on with none of the outer lights on.
I can hear the fan running too.
I have managed to connect a controller to it but it doesn't assign a player number to it.
No signal is sent via the HDMI or AV cables to any tv's, I have tried multiple HDMI cables and ports.
If you have any suggestions please let me know! :smile:

2liftheavy

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So I have just purchased a RGH xbox 360 to find it won't boot, I have researched the problem to find many other people have had this problem but haven't found a fix, or haven't posted it anyways.

So when I power it on there is one green light on with none of the outer lights on.
I can hear the fan running too.
I have managed to connect a controller to it but it doesn't assign a player number to it.
No signal is sent via the HDMI or AV cables to any tv's, I have tried multiple HDMI cables and ports.
If you have any suggestions please let me know! :smile:

Not booting is the #1 issue with an RGH
What did you last change before it stopped working?

2liftheavy

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have pressed it and left it running for up to 45mins with still no signal - Also forgot to mention there is no power to the usb ports either

Ok, but did you install or change anything?
Are you saying you just got this RGH, powered on for the first time, and you get nothing for 45 minutes?
How are you verifying no power to the usb port?

L

Luke14321

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, but did you install or change anything?
Are you saying you just got this RGH, powered on for the first time, and you get nothing for 45 minutes?
How are you verifying no power to the usb port?
yup I have just received it turned it on about 10 seconds later it beeps and turns off, after leaving the power brick for about a minute it allowed it to turn on and stay on - I left it for 45mins with no luck, and I have tried plugging my phone in to every one of the usb ports and my phone is not charging... 
Look inside and see if the glitch chip is flashing
When I look inside all I see is black no lights in there...

2liftheavy

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
yup I have just received it turned it on about 10 seconds later it beeps and turns off, after leaving the power brick for about a minute it allowed it to turn on and stay on - I left it for 45mins with no luck, and I have tried plugging my phone in to every one of the usb ports and my phone is not charging... 

When I look inside all I see is black no lights in there...

Ok, for the 4th time, did you install or change anything? You haven't answered this
It doesn't make sense that the console shut off after 10 seconds, then decided to stay on for 45 minutes
Verify your USB port works by powering on the console with a wired controller
If this is a slim, power on the console and look for a green or blue light flashing through the fan vent
If this is a phat, power on the console and look on the top left corner hdd side, through the holes
Look for a green or blue light flashing

L

Luke14321

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, for the 4th time, did you install or change anything? You haven't answered this
It doesn't make sense that the console shut off after 10 seconds, then decided to stay on for 45 minutes
Verify your USB port works by powering on the console with a wired controller
If this is a slim, power on the console and look for a green or blue light flashing through the fan vent
If this is a phat, power on the console and look on the top left corner hdd side, through the holes
Look for a green or blue light flashing
ok will check with a controller - and no I haven't installed or changed anything as I am unable to anyways! :tongue: 
ok will check with a controller - and no I haven't installed or changed anything as I am unable to anyways! :tongue:
ok I have just tested a wired controller and it did NOT power it 

no blue light either

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

no blue light either
Contact The Person You Bought It From And Tell Them To Either.

•Help You Fix The Issue.
•Replaced The Console.
•Refund Your Money.

Top Bottom
Login
Register