• Start date
  • Views 18,695
AkimboRush

AkimboRush

Want to feel Special? Here's a Helmet and Crayons
Reaction score
Sin$
4ilMh
On my Slim RF module I wanted to make a physical power and eject button so i didn't have to close my xbox or use my controller especially when i freeze in GTA IV when modding So this is what I did
4ilNV
Directions on how I did mine follows

With my xbox I took an old USB cable for a cell phone charger that broke. I cut both ends off and exposed the four wires on the inside Green, White, Red, and Black. I went to Radio Shack and picked up some wire strippers/cutters, a 3x2x1 Project box, four (2 red, 2 black) momentary push switches. I took the USB wires and twisted the white and the green together to be my grounds. Then I soldered them to the RF module. I took the red wire and soldered it to the power (on and off) pin. Then I soldered the black to the eject pin. Once I finished that I took my hot glue gun and made sure the wires weren't touching anything then glued the wires to insulate them to be sure.
4ilQq
Once i finished that i took a red momentary push switch and soldered that to the red (Power wire), Then I soldered the green wire to the other tab on the switch. Next I took the black switch and soldered the black (eject) wire to one of the tabs on the switch. Then I took the white wire and soldered that to the other tab of the black switch.
4ilT6
Next I took the Project box and Drilled two holes on the top (Big flat area) of the box for the switches. Then i drilled a smaller hole for the Cable on the 3x1 side. also where the wire was going to come out of the box i drilled a small hole on the cover to it wouldn't hit the wire.
4ilUu

Last edited:
Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
For this if I wanted to have a physical eject button I would just wire the momentary push button to the eject button spot correct?

AkimboRush

AkimboRush

Reaction score
Sin$
For this if I wanted to have a physical eject button I would just wire the momentary push button to the eject button spot correct?
Yes if you would wire up the eject pin to the button to the ground and press it, it will eject.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes if you would wire up the eject pin to the button to the ground and press it, it will eject.
Thanks, I will be doing this next weekend, it will save me allot of money I keep having to buy replacement flex cable from scratching them

AkimboRush

AkimboRush

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, I will be doing this next weekend, it will save me allot of money I keep having to buy replacement flex cable from scratching them
With Everything that i bought to do my project the solder, project box, wire cutters/strippers, the buttons was $35, if you don't need the strippers and solder it should only be like $10-$15 I had the soldering iron and the hot glue gun. The cable like i stated was an old usb to micro usb cell phone charger that the end that went into the phone broke off, so i saved it for something like this.

AkimboRush

AkimboRush

Reaction score
Sin$
Did you try this redstone?

Swamp

Swamp

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey great tutorial but by any chance do you know the pinout of the RF Module off of a phat xbox 360? I'm trying to add an eject button for my dvd drive

AkimboRush

AkimboRush

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey great tutorial but by any chance do you know the pinout of the RF Module off of a phat xbox 360? I'm trying to add an eject button for my dvd drive
no i don't know the pinout for the old xbox very well. What are you trying to do with it, because i could maybe help if i know what you want to do with it

Swamp

Swamp

Reaction score
Sin$
no i don't know the pinout for the old xbox very well. What are you trying to do with it, because i could maybe help if i know what you want to do with it

I found out I couldnt add an eject switch from the rf module so i just soldered my 2 points to these locations on the motherboard, thanks anyways

img0749s_zps98790fa4.jpg

AkimboRush

AkimboRush

Reaction score
Sin$
I found out I couldnt add an eject switch from the rf module so i just soldered my 2 points to these locations on the motherboard, thanks anyways

img0749s_zps98790fa4.jpg
The Old xbox RF module doesn't have the eject button on it because the eject button is on the lower left of the xbox. you could solder wires to the old existing eject button terminals and go from there. The only thing you could do with the old RF module is do the power button or use it as a reciever for your computer to use a xbox controller on it. I know someone has that post up in the tutorials section

Swamp

Swamp

Reaction score
Sin$
The Old xbox RF module doesn't have the eject button on it because the eject button is on the lower left of the xbox. you could solder wires to the old existing eject button terminals and go from there. The only thing you could do with the old RF module is do the power button or use it as a reciever for your computer to use a xbox controller on it. I know someone has that post up in the tutorials section

yup i've seen it

AkimboRush

AkimboRush

Reaction score
Sin$
Are the links working?

AkimboRush

AkimboRush

Reaction score
Sin$
If the links were not working, I fixed them and put the actual photo under a spoiler so instead of the link it is the photo

Spec Over There

Spec Over There

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you check what the other pins do? The slim RF board should still be USB like the original board. Maybe we can make the ghetto receiver with his one too?

AkimboRush

AkimboRush

Reaction score
Sin$
Can you check what the other pins do? The slim RF board should still be USB like the original board. Maybe we can make the ghetto receiver with his one too?
I haven't checked the other ones because I fried my original board by testing it, so i had to get a new one that I haven't tested on besides a physical power and eject button

Top Bottom
Login
Register