Solved xbox 360 slim RF module help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by Aspire94, Jun 14, 2017 with 3 replies and 1,022 views.

1. Aspire94

Aspire94 Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi there!

Working on a 360 slim RF module(2009) and was wondering if anyone knows more about it.
    Currently I'm trying to connect it to the PC (which was also possible with the 360 RF module).

Here are some pictures of information I gathered (from old thread here) and found out myself.

If you have any info don't hesitate to PM me or reply here thank you!

2. CptKlink

CptKlink Newbie

Ratings:
    That looks right. I know with that mod. I tried it a while ago took me a bit to get it working. What i had to do like all did was put an LED or some other source of small power drain on the 3.3v point. If you try to feed the RF board too much voltage like 5 volts from ther USB line the board dosen't work. The RF board dosen't need exactly 3.3 volts it just needs it closer to 3.3 volts then what the USB provides. And that is the reason why you need an LED on the 3.3 volt line.

3. OP
    Aspire94

Aspire94 Newbie

Ratings:

I have a 3.3V regulator costs only 20 cents. I already tried to just manually connect it with 3.3V to just see if it would turn on. I get the inner led to blink once very softly and then It doesn't blink at all. Or maybe this is normal I don't know.

And if you don't mind could you show your result I'm very interested :biggrin:

4. CptKlink

CptKlink Newbie

Ratings:
    Sorry I can't show anything anymore this was years ago i did this and it was just a test to see if i could. I got it working and used it like once and then took it apart and put the board back in to the xbox.