What's new

Solved Xbox 360 Slim {RED DOT} HELP

• Thread starter tpippin80
  • Start date
  • Views 1,343
T

tpippin80

Reaction score
Okay so I recently decided to replace the thermal paste on my console. I have done it before on plenty of PC cpu's and another xbox (older model). So I get all of the old stuff off, put a dab (pea size) of Arctic Silver 5 on there, and put everything back together. Now all I get is the red dot. I didn't have any problems with the console before doing this. The only reason I decided to do this is because I know I've had it for 2 years already, so why not? It should be good, right? If anyone can help, that would be MUCH appreciated!

J

JeEnYuS

Gee! and why us?
Reaction score
You probably knocked a component(small resistors underneath the cgpu) off while removing the x-clamp.

Look for some missing components or damaged traces.

T

tpippin80

Reaction score
You probably knocked a component(small resistors underneath the cgpu) off while removing the x-clamp.

Anyway you could show me what you mean? (where)

J

JeEnYuS

Gee! and why us?
Reaction score
NO don't throw it in the bin... it might not be that. Remove carefully the x-clamp and scan the area underneath the x-clamp to see IF there is any missing parts or damaged traces.
IF damage there is... it's an easy fix. Just send it to a pro for repair.

If you could take a close up picture of this area and post it here then I could tell you if everything look as it should.

O

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Reaction score
NO don't throw it in the bin... it might not be that. Remove carefully the x-clamp and scan the area underneath the x-clamp to see IF there is any missing parts or damaged traces.

If you could take a close up picture of this area and post it here then I could tell you if everything look as it should.
So many poor consoles lost to people being daunted by actually simple things...

A

Sexy Man IV

When I close my eyes, I Can't see.
Reaction score
If its the 250 gb console all you have to do is take the hard-drive out blow on it and put it back in... thats what Microsoft meant when they said Xbox slim cant get RROD.

T

tpippin80

Reaction score

Don't worry I haven't done this! I had to work so I couldn't reply, I'm sorry about that. I see the picture, but I can't find that part on the board... I bought this console around April 2011, idk if that helps you know what type of board it has etc. It's also the 4gb model and I have been using an old 120gb HDD with it.

B

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
If its the 250 gb console all you have to do is take the hard-drive out blow on it and put it back in... thats what Microsoft meant when they said Xbox slim cant get RROD.

lol no. It's not. You can cause a Slim to error with missing components or a bad solder joint in the GCPU. I've done it before.

A

Sexy Man IV

When I close my eyes, I Can't see.
Reaction score
lol no. It's not. You can cause a Slim to error with missing components or a bad solder joint in the GCPU. I've done it before.
Well Im just saying, that its most of the time works when I get this problem.

Top Bottom