• Thread starter YeahItsBMX
  • Start date
  • Views 366
Y

YeahItsBMX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My slim will not read any disks, the lazer will flash 2 times and then it will say open tray. I have tried to clean the lazer, nothing worked. I tried most of the youtube fixes and no luck.

Green_Man

Green_Man

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
My slim will not read any disks, the lazer will flash 2 times and then it will say open tray. I have tried to clean the lazer, nothing worked. I tried most of the youtube fixes and no luck.
Try replacing the laser. (Don't ask me how because I don't know)

xK1LLA KONGx

xK1LLA KONGx

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly a laser is fairly cheap, it's worth it if you want to continue to play games via Disc. if you cleaned the laser and didn't be very gentle or careful you completely ruined it, You can take a BRAND NEW laser untouched with the anti-static ball removed and touch the laser barely with let's say Napkin / Q-tip / Toilet paper and it'll activate twice(read twice) and then stop and say Open tray all in under 8 seconds.

Y

YeahItsBMX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly a laser is fairly cheap, it's worth it if you want to continue to play games via Disc. if you cleaned the laser and didn't be very gentle or careful you completely ruined it, You can take a BRAND NEW laser untouched with the anti-static ball removed and touch the laser barely with let's say Napkin / Q-tip / Toilet paper and it'll activate twice(read twice) and then stop and say Open tray all in under 8 seconds.
The lazer works because when i moved the lazer to the outside edge of the disk, it worked. But then it didnt work after. But if you sit there and spin the disc after closing the trey, it will read it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register