What's new

Solved Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive ''Open Tray'' Error (Help)

UKHaze

UKHaze

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so i took apart my xbox 360 following a youtube video, cleaned the console free of dust & took a cotton wool bud with a touch of alcohol on & carefully cleaned the laser, still does the same as before i took it apart, as seen in the video i made -

Edit - The xbox works after about 10 mins of me tapping the top, so this gives me the indication that something should be tweaked or altered ? I'm not sure, hoping someone with more knowledge can comment.

Any help whatsoever is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Father Christmas

Father Christmas

God Of Mount Olympus
Reaction score
Sin$
When your disc tray stop's reading games you are better of to buy a replacement disc drive or buy yourself a new xbox (i wouldn't recommend doing that though)

UKHaze

UKHaze

Reaction score
Sin$
When your disc tray stop's reading games you are better of to buy a replacement disc drive or buy yourself a new xbox (i wouldn't recommend doing that though)
Well i really don't have the funds available to buy either, which is mainly when i've attempted it myself. Any other recommendations ? Such as tweaking the laser perhaps ?

Father Christmas

Father Christmas

God Of Mount Olympus
Reaction score
Sin$
Well i really don't have the funds available to buy either, which is mainly when i've attempted it myself. Any other recommendations ? Such as tweaking the laser perhaps ?
Not other than the method you showed sorry :sorry: Most of these "Methods" that involve tearing your xbox apart and playing around with the laser wont really help but ruin it even more. If you're still eager to fix it yourself i can only suggest googling/youtubing it :smile:

Wezz

Wezz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so i took apart my xbox 360 following a youtube video, cleaned the console free of dust & took a cotton wool bud with a touch of alcohol on & carefully cleaned the laser, still does the same as before i took it apart, as seen in the video i made -

Edit - The xbox works after about 10 mins of me tapping the top, so this gives me the indication that something should be tweaked or altered ? I'm not sure, hoping someone with more knowledge can comment.

Any help whatsoever is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Its destroyed i had that problem sent it to repair they could not even fix the pile of s***s

UKHaze

UKHaze

Reaction score
Sin$
Its destroyed i had that problem sent it to repair they could not even fix the pile of ****s
Funny, because it's done this exact thing before & it's been fixed by resetting the laser, cleaning etc. But that time it was done by a friend not myself.

Top Bottom
Login
Register