Solved Xbox 360 slim 12 volt fan mod..

• Thread starter Code Breaker
  • Start date
  • Views 3,600
Code Breaker

Code Breaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys i just did the xbox 360 slim 12v fan mod (out of being bored lol) . just wondering is it safe to keep the fan running at 12v all the time? like will it cause fan problems or overheating problems later on somehow? i can always just fix it. but id like to know if its okay.

EmptyGaming

EmptyGaming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be fine to run the fan at 12v. The only downside I have had with the 12v mod is the noise. I have it done to my Falcon Jtag. But other then that It is great to have this, and for Fat Xbox 360's It drops the temperature of the CPU and GPU significantly.

Overall my point is, if anything this is good for your xbox :tongue:

Happy Modding!

Code Breaker

Code Breaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be fine to run the fan at 12v. The only downside I have had with the 12v mod is the noise. I have it done to my Falcon Jtag. But other then that It is great to have this, and for Fat Xbox 360's It drops the temperature of the CPU and GPU significantly.

Overall my point is, if anything this is good for your xbox :tongue:

Happy Modding!
thanks a lot. ive kind of been on the fence with it. some say its good and others say its bad. glad to hear more positive about it. how long have you had your xbox 360 slim 12v fan modded for?

kanyun

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks a lot. ive kind of been on the fence with it. some say its good and others say its bad. glad to hear more positive about it. how long have you had your xbox 360 slim 12v fan modded for?
I don't know why you would even do that to the slim, there is no reason to at all. Not only is the chip engineered to run a little hotter, the air is vented out the side of the case instead of the back, which avoids flexing of the motherboard (thought to have contributed to RROD in phats).

Anyway, read the fan. If it says "12v" on it, it's safe to run it at 12 volts statically. Of course, using common sense will tell you that if its running faster, it probably wont last as long because the brushes in the motor will wear faster, but it'll probably be fine.

DaftHacker

DaftHacker

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams
Programmer Forum Addict Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
hey guys i just did the xbox 360 slim 12v fan mod (out of being bored lol) . just wondering is it safe to keep the fan running at 12v all the time? like will it cause fan problems or overheating problems later on somehow? i can always just fix it. but id like to know if its okay.
12 volt fan mod on a slim is retarded and not needed at all. All your going to do is ware the lifetime of the fans and make them break eventually. The slim is designed to shutdown if it gets too hot and slims have a 95.82342342% chance of not breaking.

EmptyGaming

EmptyGaming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had mine on for about 2 years, W/e I Jtaged the Xbox lol.

Top Bottom