What's new

Unsolved Xbox 360 S Help

W

Wedge33dr

Reaction score
I recently bought a broken Xbox 360 S (dvd drive sometimes won't read), and I think I have created a worse problem. The system booted up fine, so I took it apart and looked for any obvious issues inside. One of various things I was testing was continuity through the pins where it attaches to the motherboard. I couldn't find a pinout online so I was just using my multimeter to test the various pins of the connection while the system was on to find the power, ground, etc., when the system just shut off. I was checking one of the middle pins. I don't know if I shorted it, or somehow put voltage through a pin that shouldn't have it or what, but now the system is just giving me constant red power light when I try to boot. Thoughts on what this could be? Could I have blown a fuse somewhere? Are there any particular components that I should check? I'm worried that I might have accidentally put voltage somewhere it shouldn't be and blown something like the southbridge, but I don't have enough technical knowledge about this to fault find it effectively. Any help?

S

SlayfulDex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a broken Xbox 360 S (dvd drive sometimes won't read), and I think I have created a worse problem. The system booted up fine, so I took it apart and looked for any obvious issues inside. One of various things I was testing was continuity through the pins where it attaches to the motherboard. I couldn't find a pinout online so I was just using my multimeter to test the various pins of the connection while the system was on to find the power, ground, etc., when the system just shut off. I was checking one of the middle pins. I don't know if I shorted it, or somehow put voltage through a pin that shouldn't have it or what, but now the system is just giving me constant red power light when I try to boot. Thoughts on what this could be? Could I have blown a fuse somewhere? Are there any particular components that I should check? I'm worried that I might have accidentally put voltage somewhere it shouldn't be and blown something like the southbridge, but I don't have enough technical knowledge about this to fault find it effectively. Any help?
u fried something on the motherboard most likely. :smile:

Top Bottom