What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Xbox 360 RGH3 attempt results in a 0022 error code

• Thread starter RayDreamer
  • Start date
  • Views 433
RayDreamer

RayDreamer

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello there, I've just attempted to preform an RGH3 flash on a 4GB Corona Xbox 360 and it won't boot now. This console had no issues before me attempting this. I used the postfix adapter, and I attempted to flash it with xell with the xflasher in Jrunner with extras.

The NAND dumped successfully and matched, so then I went to flash it with xell (glitch2/RGH3). The flash said it was successful, so I went to boot the 360 to get the CPU key but got no video out. The green power light and the fan turned on, but the system would shut off after around 30 seconds.
I checked for any bridges on my joints and didn't fine anything.

I tried to reflash the original nand dump back onto it and start over but it changed nothing. I also tried to reflash it as retail with the "clean SMC" option ticked to see if doing it fresh would help.
Assuming I did it right, flashing it as retail changed how it was acting but it still wouldn't boot. I'd get it to turn on but after about 30 seconds it'd give a rrod. The error code it'd give was 0022. I did look up the error code on Xenonlibrary and seen it was possibly a bad nand, so I'd like to know if anyone could tell me what to do to fix this issue,

The resistance on the resister was correct. I did also try to remove the postfix and all my wires after the fact and it changed nothing.
gT6F5jM.png
UpnDP6H.png
qCOI5d5.png

Last edited:
M

macgyverphil

Reaction score
Sin$
It's quite possible that you broke a trace on one of the pads on U1D1.
Most of pins used have 2 connections on them. 1 goes to the Nand Chip and 1 goes to the Southbridge. If you can read/write the Nand, sounds a trace on the Southbridge may be broken which would cause the console to not boot.

You'll need to scrape the traces going towards the Southbridge one by one and test for continuity with the Pad itself. If/once you fine one or more that doesn't have continuity, you'll need to bridge the pad to the trace.

If you have a digital microscope, or a jewelers loupe, or even a good magnifying glass, you may be able to stop the broken trace.

Very fine traces to fix, but if you have decent soldering experience, shouldn't be an issue.

Top Bottom
Login
Register