What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Xbox 360 RGH3.0 XCell will not start

B

BaronT

Reaction score
Sin$
Hallo an alle,

Ich habe eine Xbox 360 Phat mit Falcon-Motherboard. Da ich zwei Xbox 360 habe, dachte ich darüber nach, eine mit RGH 3.0 Mod zu konvertieren. Ich flashe mit einem Raspberry Pico (nachdem ich es mit dem 3 Pico zum Laufen gebracht habe).

Nun zu meinem Problem, ich verwende J-Runner Version V3.2.2R3. Nachdem ich alles angeschlossen habe, lese ich den NAND 4x aus.

Danach habe ich in XeBuild die Kernelversion 17599, Konsolentyp: Falcon, Glitch2 RGH3 27Mhz ausgewählt.

Beim Drücken des Buttons "Create XeLL" passiert das nicht. Dann sah ich, dass das J-Runner-Image Dateien hatte, also nahm ich die entsprechende "Falcon_RGH3.ecc" und "Write Xell" sie zum NAND.

Habe alles ausgesteckt, das Laufwerk eingesteckt und die Xbox mit der Auswurftaste eingeschaltet, aber ich bekomme immer einen schwarzen Bildschirm.

Ich habe auch versucht alles wiederherzustellen und eines der 4 Backups zu installieren, aber die Konsole startet nicht mehr.

Ich hoffe, ich habe diese Xbox nicht in Schrott verwandelt und hoffe, dass Sie mir helfen können.

Vielen Dank.

PS: Entschuldigung für die schlechte englische Übersetzung.

Mit freundlichen Grüße

Tobi

Last edited:
Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Falcon motherboard.
JASPER_RGH3.ecc

I personally prefer rgh1.2 on phats rather than rgh3 still. (Well, I prefer jtag above rgh on phats!! However, I’m not using the latest JRunner build, whereas you seem to be. The “falcon” motherboard but “jasper” files seem not to be right , I would check for falcon files. If there are none, then I guess the jasper is intended for both?

I also tried to restore everything and install one of the 4 backups, but the console no longer starts
When you flash the retail (backup from before creating XeLL) you must also remove the RGH wiring. It is a pain, but it is necessary evil. When there is no RGH wiring attached, retail nand *should* boot. If it doesn’t, please explain more in detail what it does rather than boot.

For example;
Does the ring of lights turn on and red rings? Or does the ring never turn on, and the power button is useless? Does the console turn on and freeze while still black screened?

B

BaronT

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry, of course I took the Falcon_RGH3.ecc. After a long search and try I got it totally wrong. Unfortunately, my backup files are corrupt and don't work. (Means I have no backup, no CPU key, no DVD key).

I also looked again to see if I really have a Falcon board, but I'm not sure anymore. I have the power plug from a Falcon but the power draw from a Jasper. Also, the board looks like one from Jasper Tonasket (Kronos).

When I press in J-Runner ? do I get this displayed:
Checking Console...
FlashConfig: 0x01198010
Xenon, Zephyr, Falcon: 16MB

When I want to start, no ring of light appears, only the power LED comes on, the fans are running. The screen stays completely black.
I also created a new donor at J-Runner because as described above, my backup is faulty. But there I have the same problems.

Kind regards
Tobi

Attached is my motherboard and wiring.

1680167687050vcib2.jpg

1680167687053owcuh.jpg

1680167687056c2d2i.jpg

1680167687058l0dc9.jpg

168016768706084dv6.jpg

snap_0054pc5t.jpg

snap_006m0ib1.jpg

snap_00780f3l.jpg

snap_008gfdh7.jpg

B

BaronT

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,

I haven't given up yet. At the beginning of the week I ordered a JR programmer from Amazon and it arrived today.

I tried to get a connection to the board with it, I always get the answer there.

Checking Console...
Version: 00
Wrong Version

M

mspw

Reaction score
Sin$
Did you mean to solder to the resistor for your PLL point? It's hard to tell but it looks like you missed the recommended PPL point entirely (or bridged the point and resistor at the very least.
AS far as your nand backups - nanddump1.bin should be in your jrunner folder, either in the output folder or in a sub folder with your console's serial number (12 digit number). You could also click on 'key database' (top right hand corner of jrunner) and see if your serial number is there. Also, you could examine your console.log file in jrunner folder. Personally find it hard to believe that after 4 nand dumps you're in this position. Check your wiring brother - PLL in particular. Run a multimeter if available to ensure wire continuity, check resistance of the PLL wire and diode polarity of the post1 wire. Best of luck.

B

BaronT

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,

the PLL point and the resistor both have a connection with each other so I did it like this. I have now checked my wiring and measurements several times. Everything is correct there.

I think I shot something while flashing. I can't get to the nand with J-Runner anymore (JR-Programmer or PICOFlasher).

With the NAND fuses, J-Runner may not have died from the beginning, meaning it doesn't appear to have been read correctly from the start. (That's why creating the ECC didn't work for me either, and that's when the error began that I tried something, but it wasn't right.)

I think that I will put the board in the corner as a spare parts donor for better or worse.

Unless you can help me somehow how I can investigate the error.

Thanks very much

Kind regards

Tobi

Top Bottom
Login
Register