What's new

Solved Xbox 360 RGH powers on for a moment then shuts off with the power brick being red

S

supermariotyt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, I need help. I have an rgh corona console. It does not have leds on the fan but there are blue rol leds. My console has the Ace v3 chip. It used to have fan leds, but I removed them because of this problem but the problem is still happening. I took the console apart, but nothing seems to be wrong. When I turn the console on, though, it shuts off then has a red power brick. Could anyone help me?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
All you can do is examine the entire board for shorts. Did you completely remove power and ground wires for fan leds? or just cut at the leds?

Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
Check the entire motherboard for shorts and foreign materials clean it up nice. Make sure no wires are touching and solder points are solid.
Try another power brick as well if you can that could also be the issue here.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Could someone send me a pic of what a short circuit would look like on a corona? Thanks.

Short circuit can cause modifications done to xbox, that are installed incorrectly. Leftover wires touching board. Solder blob on motherboard.

You cut LED wire, you should start from there. Also, you can make pictures of your motherboard and modifications done to your xbox (LED lights). It would be helpful.

S

supermariotyt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No, I would already do that if I had a better camera. Nobody understands. Phone camera sucks. Only possible way. Plus my camera broke, and there is no way of fixing it. And I did not solder the thing either, so they aren't mine.

Top Bottom
Login
Register