Solved Xbox 360 rgh dinging problem

• Thread starter Kwiksilver344
  • Start date
  • Views 714
K

Kwiksilver344

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a slim rgh and i have an issue with it. My rgh will ding the disk drive l, but it womt do anything. The disk drive doesnt open when it happens. Also, when it happens it doesnt let me touch the button to open it. Its constant and happens a lot. I have an aftermarket cheap power supply, but everything else is the same. Is the sensor on the disk tray? Or faceplate? Could i replace the flaceplate to make it work? 
This could be posted in the wrong place, i dont know, i just started to try to get some help.

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
This could be a sensor but since it still makes noise i would lean away from that. I would ask you if you hear it making any other noises when you hit eject. Noises that would indicate it is trying but cant. This could be just a soft grindin sound.

I would also ask if its everytime or if it sometimes work. Disks drives going out on 360s is common even on slims models. Its not as bad on slims but still definitely an issue.

Get back to me om these questions and i may be able to help. Odds are you're going to need to take apart your console and possibly disc drive so be ready for that.

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a slim rgh and i have an issue with it. My rgh will ding the disk drive l, but it womt do anything. The disk drive doesnt open when it happens. Also, when it happens it doesnt let me touch the button to open it. Its constant and happens a lot. I have an aftermarket cheap power supply, but everything else is the same. Is the sensor on the disk tray? Or faceplate? Could i replace the flaceplate to make it work? 
This could be posted in the wrong place, i dont know, i just started to try to get some help.
Your Issue Will Be A Sensor Ribbon Flex Cable, You Could Replaced It Or If You Don't Wanna Take The Cable Off The Faceplate Just Buy One With One That In Working Conditioned.

K

Kwiksilver344

Reaction score
Sin$
This could be a sensor but since it still makes noise i would lean away from that. I would ask you if you hear it making any other noises when you hit eject. Noises that would indicate it is trying but cant. This could be just a soft grindin sound.

I would also ask if its everytime or if it sometimes work. Disks drives going out on 360s is common even on slims models. Its not as bad on slims but still definitely an issue.

Get back to me om these questions and i may be able to help. Odds are you're going to need to take apart your console and possibly disc drive so be ready for that.
There is no noise from the disk drive, just the beep. When I try to press it, its not all the time, but its become common. It takes repeated pushes to get it to work, when this happens it doesnt ding to indicate its trying, when i press it, it does not make noise.
Your Issue Will Be A Sensor Ribbon Flex Cable, You Could Replaced It Or If You Don't Wanna Take The Cable Off The Faceplate Just Buy One With One That In Working Conditioned.
Ok

Top Bottom
Login
Register