Solved Xbox 360 rgh dash problem

• Thread starter Slim95x
  • Start date
  • Views 869
S

Slim95x

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, so ive been using my RGH with the freestyle dash for around 4 months and everything was working perfectly, but now i have a problem, where upon booting, it boots straight into the original MS dash, no more freestyle. I can still access the XeXmenu 1.2 from the games folder, and go to the dashlaunch, but thats about it. If i try to press any option on dashlaunch, it just freezes and i have to do a hard reset. Can anyone help pleasee, i really hope i havent F****D up my xbox. :frown::frown::frown::frown:

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
What did you do to make this happen?
And when exactly does it freeze? When you try to launch the DashLaunch app, or?

S

Slim95x

Reaction score
Sin$
What did you do to make this happen?
And when exactly does it freeze? When you try to launch the DashLaunch app, or?
Ive tried to install a modmenu for GTA5, first it didnt boot, then i thought that i forgot to enable it under plugins, enabled it, saved the settings, restarted, and BAM, no more freestyle dash

I can launch the Xexmenu, and the (*edit: just tried it) freestyle dash, if i boot it from the freestyle folder in the xexmenu, it just doesnt autoboot to freestyle dash, and the mod menu still does not work. Still freezes when i try to select any plugin, but doesnt freeze if i try to select any other options in the xexmenu. I can expand ''paths'' in the dashlaunch, but when i press A on ''default'' it just freezes.

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive tried to install a modmenu for GTA5, first it didnt boot, then i thought that i forgot to enable it under plugins, enabled it, saved the settings, restarted, and BAM, no more freestyle dash

I can launch the Xexmenu, and the (*edit: just tried it) freestyle dash, if i boot it from the freestyle folder in the xexmenu, it just doesnt autoboot to freestyle dash, and the mod menu still does not work. Still freezes when i try to select any plugin, but doesnt freeze if i try to select any other options in the xexmenu. I can expand ''paths'' in the dashlaunch, but when i press A on ''default'' it just freezes.
Remove the plugin and reboot your console.

S

Slim95x

Reaction score
Sin$
Remove the plugin and reboot your console.
I removed it from the folder, but i still have the same problem, it freezes when i select ''default'' and it still does not automatically boot to FSD. Can i reinstall the Xex? Will it help?

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I removed it from the folder, but i still have the same problem, it freezes when i select ''default'' and it still does not automatically boot to FSD. Can i reinstall the Xex? Will it help?
Oh. Now I think I know.
It's not frozen necessarily. Just give the app a bit of time to load after you press on "default".
IIRC it can take a little for it to load.

S

Slim95x

Reaction score
Sin$
Oh. Now I think I know.
It's not frozen necessarily. Just give the app a bit of time to load after you press on "default".
IIRC it can take a little for it to load.
Well, its been frozen well over 10 minutes, i dont think it should take that long to load? :confused:

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, its been frozen well over 10 minutes, i dont think it should take that long to load? :confused:
Yeah, surely not that long. I was thinking like max 30secs.
Don't know what's causing it not to be able to load.
But you can always edit your launch.ini manually as well.
There will be a file called "launch.ini" in the root of your hard drive. Just transfer it to your computer and open it with notepad and make the edit you want to make.

But before doing that you might want to give a try to removing the DashLaunch app and re-adding it.
[Click here to view this link]

S

Slim95x

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, surely not that long. I was thinking like max 30secs.
Don't know what's causing it not to be able to load.
But you can always edit your launch.ini manually as well.
There will be a file called "launch.ini" in the root of your hard drive. Just transfer it to your computer and open it with notepad and make the edit you want to make.

But before doing that you might want to give a try to removing the DashLaunch app and re-adding it.
[Click here to view this link]
YES IT WORKS!!!. Boots like it should, straight to freestyle. Still want that mod menu for gta5 tho, but not a fan of f***ing it all up again, so i guess i'll have to pass :cry:

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
YES IT WORKS!!!. Boots like it should, straight to freestyle. Still want that mod menu for gta5 tho, but not a fan of f***ing it all up again, so i guess i'll have to pass :cry:
Yeah some DashLaunch plugins make it so that homebrew software wont be your default launch on a title exit or boot.
Not sure if you can get around that.
And about the mod menu not working, are you sure you are on the correct TU for the menu?

Top Bottom
Login
Register