What's new

Solved Xbox 360 RGH Corona won't boot!

ILeonardo

ILeonardo

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello i just came back from holiday and my xbox rgh won't boot.
I tried to:
Turn it on then quickly press the eject button to bypass the plugins does not work.
Remove the hard drive then turn it on, still does not work.
Tried this too does not wor
LEDS : The red light stays on all the time even when off, the geen just flashing and sometimes stays on a bit then flashing again.
Just to mention, i did turn it on with the controller but it seems like the controller isnt connectin but it did turn on the xbox it is flashing all of its led lights the all 4, and when i plug in the wired controller it flashed once the nr 1 and 2 then went off.
Any help with that ?> is there a connection lose problem? does it need replacement of fit a " connection to post_out become loose, Corona Consoles need a so called post_out fix which is 2 pieces of PCBs with a needle, maybe it needs to be refitted"

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello i just came back from holiday and my xbox rgh won't boot.
I tried to:
Turn it on then quickly press the eject button to bypass the plugins does not work.
Remove the hard drive then turn it on, still does not work.
Tried this too does not wor
LEDS : The red light stays on all the time even when off, the geen just flashing and sometimes stays on a bit then flashing again.
Just to mention, i did turn it on with the controller but it seems like the controller isnt connectin but it did turn on the xbox it is flashing all of its led lights the all 4, and when i plug in the wired controller it flashed once the nr 1 and 2 then went off.
Any help with that ?> is there a connection lose problem? does it need replacement of fit a " connection to post_out become loose, Corona Consoles need a so called post_out fix which is 2 pieces of PCBs with a needle, maybe it needs to be refitted"

Okay so:

Red light on the chip is power, that should always be on if the console is plugged in
Green light is the glitch chip, it's unlikely to be wiring if the console is attempting to glitch and has done before (It should flash, sometimes longer than usual depending on the job.)

The POST_Fix boards don't usually come loose since they're soldered into place to help with that.

Just unplug it, hold the power button for 30 seconds, plug it all back in and press eject to try booting into Xell.
Keep an eye on that green light or even provide a video if you can for me and we'll see where to go from there :smile:

If it still won't boot into Xell remove your HDD and any USBs plugged in and try it again. Sometimes this is caused by a bad HDD.

ILeonardo

ILeonardo

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so:

Red light on the chip is power, that should always be on if the console is plugged in
Green light is the glitch chip, it's unlikely to be wiring if the console is attempting to glitch and has done before (It should flash, sometimes longer than usual depending on the job.)

The POST_Fix boards don't usually come loose since they're soldered into place to help with that.

Just unplug it, hold the power button for 30 seconds, plug it all back in and press eject to try booting into Xell.
Keep an eye on that green light or even provide a video if you can for me and we'll see where to go from there :smile:

If it still won't boot into Xell remove your HDD and any USBs plugged in and try it again. Sometimes this is caused by a bad HDD.
So i did take out the power take out the hard drive plug in the power hold the button for 30 sec then put back the hard drive and turn it on with eject still does not work..

I turn it on without the hard drive and still nothing even with eject.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So i did take out the power take out the hard drive plug in the power hold the button for 30 sec then put back the hard drive and turn it on with eject still does not work..

I turn it on without the hard drive and still nothing even with eject.

Green light shouldn't be staying on, so it's likely the post_out has an issue.

If the wires look okay it'll be the postfix adapter under the heat sink, if you can get under the heatsink with something thin, very gently try pushing the post fix towards the CPU.
(Do this with power off of course!)

ILeonardo

ILeonardo

Reaction score
Sin$
Green light shouldn't be staying on, so it's likely the post_out has an issue.

If the wires look okay it'll be the postfix adapter under the heat sink, if you can get under the heatsink with something thin, very gently try pushing the post fix towards the CPU.
(Do this with power off of course!)
I took everything out only the motherboard and fan,heatsink was still there and moved i was hearing something for under the heatsink and i wonder what was that because i took everything apart also it does not stays on all the time its flashing , but what from you have told me i start to feel optimistic about it!!!! (ill try now to easily push under the heat sink)
Video :

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I took everything out only the motherboard and fan,heatsink was still there and moved i was hearing something for under the heatsink and i wonder what was that because i took everything apart also it does not stays on all the time its flashing , but what from you have told me i start to feel optimistic about it!!!! (ill try now to easily push under the heat sink)
Video :

Awesome, yeah it sounds like either POST_fix issues or a stray wire grounding out.

The glitch is trying but still not getting a proper post signal, keep at it bud!

Just take your time, and don't run the console for too long with that fan disconnected bud, you don't want to damage the console.

ILeonardo

ILeonardo

Reaction score
Sin$
Awesome, yeah it sounds like either POST_fix issues or a stray wire grounding out.

The glitch is trying but still not getting a proper post signal, keep at it bud!

Just take your time, and don't run the console for too long with that fan disconnected bud, you don't want to damage the console.
There is no adapter just took it out and had a look at it.. only that wire look a bit wierd?
https://prnt.sc/1tdmk7u
https://prnt.sc/1tdmmib
https://prnt.sc/1tdmn4x
https://prnt.sc/1tcusgs

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
There is no adapter just took it out and had a look at it.. only that wire look a bit wierd?
https://prnt.sc/1tdmk7u
https://prnt.sc/1tdmmib
https://prnt.sc/1tdmn4x
https://prnt.sc/1tcusgs
Right okay bud,

Wires look okay except that 4th one, if you've got some PVC tape to hand I'd patch that up to protect it but it's not broken, just make sure it isn't touching anything (looks like the dvd drive might have worn against it when installed)

Any change on the glitch light?

ILeonardo

ILeonardo

Reaction score
Sin$
Right okay bud,

Wires look okay except that 4th one, if you've got some PVC tape to hand I'd patch that up to protect it but it's not broken, just make sure it isn't touching anything (looks like the dvd drive might have worn against it when installed)

Any change on the glitch light?
It was the ram/cpu, red light front pannel error e16 0100 if i think so? this is what the guy i bought the xbox from said that and swap mine for another chipped ready to go motherboard for 30$

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It was the ram/cpu, red light front pannel error e16 0100 if i think so? this is what the guy i bought the xbox from said that and swap mine for another chipped ready to go motherboard for 30$
0100, typical issue fix is

"Replace GPU or RAM"

Solution
xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
0100, typical issue fix is

"Replace GPU or RAM"
Yeah this is usually the case.
Sometimes this is caused by a bad connection to CLK or Post_Out, grounded to the chassis is the most common issue and can kill the GPU/CPU on slims.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Can this be also caused because of high temp? right now im getting 68-70 temps
68-70 is not all that high. 60-65 is where I keep all my RGHs set at. However I am unsure if it would be related to the temps you are seeing.

Top Bottom
Login
Register