What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Xbox 360 RGH 3.0 - Retail dashboard crash

N

NiQ123

Reaction score
Sin$
So I got myself an RGH 3.0 Trinity 360. When I boot it up, it goes to XNA dashboard.
Any attempt to run the retail dashboard results in a crash. I see the dashboard for a split second, then the console reboots, saves a crash dump (apparently the crash is in xam.xex) then reboots again back into XNA.
For some reason it also won't recognize USB drives. I thought about formatting a disk using the console, but it's not possible since the dashboard won't run...
I do have file system access via neighborhood and FTP.

Would appreciate any insights.

O

oldNewXboxGuy

Reaction score
Sin$
Have you tried to start the xbox after removing the hdd/all storage devices from it? That would force it to boot into retail dashboard from flash. If that works it's not gonna be a big problem, you just need to setup a new custom dashboard etc.
If the problem persists and it would still boot into xna it would suggest that the prior user was not very smart possibly overwrote/deleted files of the stock dashboard. In that case you would need to reflash the nand. If you don't have cpu key etc. at hand start xell from xna to get it. This should solve your problem, unless the nand is somehow damaged.

Top Bottom
Login
Register