• Thread starter stebbo2010
  • Start date
  • Views 3,423
stebbo2010

stebbo2010

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How to reflow the right way
reflowing with a hot air gun is risky because the heat is not uniform around the chip causing hot spots and warping of the board and chips

to reflow properly you will need:
.A hot air reflow station
.preheater
.a stand to hold your hot air gun
.liquid flux
.thermometer with 2 thermocouples

first you need to prep the board buy removing any left over heat paste. Then put the board on the preheater
making sure when the gun is lowered the nozzle will be over the gpu/cpu. preheat the board to 170c to 180c if the motherboard is warped preheating for half an hour an reduce the warping.
Then you need to turn your hot air reflow station on i start at 160c increasing the temp by 3c every second until the top of the gpu /cpu reaches 235c hold it for 15 seconds.
then turn the preheater off and the gun allow to cool for 10 minutes

i have had good results using this method

h2player117

h2player117

Getting There
Reaction score
Oven+Aluminim=Perfect reflow.
Reball is even better.

Joshrpg

Josh RPG

Qahnaarin
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Platinum Record
Reaction score
If you mean a real re-flow station those usually cost a lot of money. If you have a make shift or home made re-flow station then can you show us or tell us how to make this.

h2player117

h2player117

Getting There
Reaction score
Nah I dont have one, I just always hear about how amazing reballs are. However I hear about heatguns warping the board since as OP said it's not perfectly directed heat. Also I do oven reflows, work everytime :smile:

stebbo2010

stebbo2010

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you mean a real re-flow station those usually cost a lot of money. If you have a make shift or home made re-flow station then can you show us or tell us how to make this.
i have a real reflow station
and have ordered the kit for reballing
dont think its possible to make a good home made reflow station

Top Bottom
Login
Register