What's new

Discussion Xbox 360 play vga, record composite?

• Thread starter uneedhelp
  • Start date
  • Views 664
U

uneedhelp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I want to get either a dazzle or easycap (composite and s-video inputs). However, I want it in my room and can't buy another tv/monitor. My computer monitor supports VGA input right now. I need input on whether my two solutions are sound.

1. I buy this cable: VGA and Composite Output

However, upon closer inspection at the pictures I notice there's a switch to choose between VGA and A/V, so I'm not sure if you can output both at the same time.

2. I buy this Pelican Intercooler: Pelican Xbox Cooler Pro

The xbox I'm planning to use is an old xenon that is compatible with this cooler. With it I THINK I'll be able to output VGA, Composite, AND S-video (making capture quality much better).

I might be able to buy an xbox 360 vga cable, split that into vga and composite, and record from there, but I'm not sure vga splitters work with that? Don't they need some special video card?

And also, my computer is connected via wifi to the internet, can I bridge my computer's internet with my Xbox's? So could I put ethernet from computer to xbox?

Thanks,

-Kyle

L

LxJxB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually play my Xbox 360 through the computer monitor. You just switch ebtween the channels like a normal TV really.

Back on topic i also have the top connection lead. However, the easycap i have, i've never found a way to get it to connect. I had tried all sorts that i just gave up.

That second link. It looks pretty snazzy so i'd probably go for that as its only a few quid dearer and looks much better.

U

uneedhelp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually play my Xbox 360 through the computer monitor. You just switch ebtween the channels like a normal TV really.

Back on topic i also have the top connection lead. However, the easycap i have, i've never found a way to get it to connect. I had tried all sorts that i just gave up.

That second link. It looks pretty snazzy so i'd probably go for that as its only a few quid dearer and looks much better.

Thanks, thanked.

Top Bottom