What's new

Solved xbox 360 phat not booting up

H

harrypro

Reaction score
my xbox 360 phat (falcon) will not turn on at all.

so basically i got a xbox of ebay with 120gb hhd and it was all working fine. i decided i was gunna rgh 1.2 it .
so i bought a nand-x and a coolrunner rev D it all arrived and i was following a tutorial (the tutorial was with a jr programmer and a cr rev c) i managed to read the nand and had only one bad block but they where both the same so it is fine. next i had to put the timing files on the coolrunner however i didnt have the nand x to coolrunnner cable so i ordered one (from hong kong). so i just wired the coolrunner into the console and was planning to program it when the cable comes.next i plugged the power supply and hdmi into the console and the red light on the coolrunner came on. however when i tried to turn the console on ... nothing. so i unsoldiored all the wires checked the whole console for stray soldier that could be shorting the console but i dont think there was any but it still wont boot. (the power brick light is orange).

any help will help (hopefully).

K

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
my xbox 360 phat (falcon) will not turn on at all.

so basically i got a xbox of ebay with 120gb hhd and it was all working fine. i decided i was gunna rgh 1.2 it .
so i bought a nand-x and a coolrunner rev D it all arrived and i was following a tutorial (the tutorial was with a jr programmer and a cr rev c) i managed to read the nand and had only one bad block but they where both the same so it is fine. next i had to put the timing files on the coolrunner however i didnt have the nand x to coolrunnner cable so i ordered one (from hong kong). so i just wired the coolrunner into the console and was planning to program it when the cable comes.next i plugged the power supply and hdmi into the console and the red light on the coolrunner came on. however when i tried to turn the console on ... nothing. so i unsoldiored all the wires checked the whole console for stray soldier that could be shorting the console but i dont think there was any but it still wont boot. (the power brick light is orange).

any help will help (hopefully).
Would Need Pictures.

H

harrypro

Reaction score
Would Need Pictures.
hi sorry for slow rply just back from holiday. any way i think what i have done is fried the board as i was using 203w power supply on falcon board which only needs 175w.(i know it sounds like a stupid thing to do but i thought it fits and it boots so whats the harm?)
so now i have ordered a new power supply hand im going to change xclamps to put new thermal paste on.

Top Bottom