• Thread starter BlackShadowGS
  • Start date
  • Views 392
BlackShadowGS

BlackShadowGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I know this has been posted before but none of the responses really helped me. So heres the thing. I picked up a cheap console about a year ago for my little sister as a gift. I cleaned it out, applied new thermal compound and flashed the drive and everything ran smoothly for months. As time goes on she tells me she can't play minecraft anymore. When you put the disc in it reads for about 3 seconds then says open tray. I've tested 5 other games and they all read right away. I've cleaned the eye, that didn't work, I've adjusted the laser, that didn't work. I've tried resetting the console and pulling the hard drive, and that didnt work. Also the drive sounds to be running properly. Only thing I could think of is that its a software problem but that still wouldn't make much sense. The console hasn't been connected to the internet for updates since I bought it.

Anyway, any input is appreciated

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I know this has been posted before but none of the responses really helped me. So heres the thing. I picked up a cheap console about a year ago for my little sister as a gift. I cleaned it out, applied new thermal compound and flashed the drive and everything ran smoothly for months. As time goes on she tells me she can't play minecraft anymore. When you put the disc in it reads for about 3 seconds then says open tray. I've tested 5 other games and they all read right away. I've cleaned the eye, that didn't work, I've adjusted the laser, that didn't work. I've tried resetting the console and pulling the hard drive, and that didnt work. Also the drive sounds to be running properly. Only thing I could think of is that its a software problem but that still wouldn't make much sense. The console hasn't been connected to the internet for updates since I bought it.

It could just be a bad DVD Drive, they do eventually stop working.

You can just order a replacement one, and swap the DVD Key via JungleFlasher.

P

Peng Peng

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Never think that the disc is broke? You said thw other five worked lol?

BlackShadowGS

BlackShadowGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Never think that the disc is broke? You said thw other five worked lol?
If I had my other 360 I'd love to test the game on that. The thing is there are almost NO scratches and it had worked fine before. Plus no disc unreadable error :/

It could just be a bad DVD Drive, they do eventually stop working.

You can just order a replacement one, and swap the DVD Key via JungleFlasher.
Yeah I was thinking about it. I was probably going to buy a replacement laser first and resort to a new drive if that fails

P

Peng Peng

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If I had my other 360 I'd love to test the game on that. The thing is there are almost NO scratches and it had worked fine before. Plus no disc unreadable error :/

Yeah I was thinking about it. I was probably going to buy a replacement laser first and resort to a new drive if that fails
I must be missing something

Top Bottom
Login
Register