What's new

Solved Xbox 360 Neighborhood not showing up after installation.

Arilis

Arilis

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So after installing the Xbox SDK neighborhood doesn't show up on my computer at all like it should.

Solution
xXBeefyDjXx
So after installing the Xbox SDK neighborhood doesn't show up on my computer at all like it should.
Hi there,

The XDK needs to be installed as Administrator on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
It doesn't always put the shortcut on the desktop either, but you should find all the tools and the main Neighbourhood Explorer in the Start Menu.

If not, Please check your installed programs and repair the install. If that doesn't work, you might have a bad installer.

You can find the XDK installers on Auto Xbins FTP. (Found on Digiex)
xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi there,

It doesn't always put the shortcut on the desktop either, but you should find all the tools and the main Neighbourhood Explorer in the Start Menu.

If not, Please check your installed programs and repair the install. If that doesn't work, you might have a bad installer.

Solution
J

JaZeCrAzE

Reaction score
Sin$
just reinstall it bro.
Hello, could you please and try to help me? I’m having the same issue and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, my only guess at this point is I’m missing a Microsoft program. Any ideas? Thanks
Post automatically merged:

Hi there,

Could you try and help me as well? I’ve used multiple links to try and reinstall. Could it be I’m missing a Microsoft program? Also reinstalled winrarw

Did you end up figuring it out? If so please share.

X

Xerea

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, could you please and try to help me? I’m having the same issue and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, my only guess at this point is I’m missing a Microsoft program. Any ideas? Thanks

Could you try and help me as well? I’ve used multiple links to try and reinstall. Could it be I’m missing a Microsoft program? Also reinstalled winrarw

Did you end up figuring it out? If so please share.
just make sure u got Microsoft netframework 4.0 bullcrap thingy or whatever. its used for fluffy tool and a few programs in the modding scene. if that's not your issue, then find a different source to download the files. i suggest type SDK nieghborhood RGH in youtube bar and look for a youtuber kind enough to left a mediafire or mega link with the sdk. the sdk should be 800mbs to 1gb usually.

Last edited:
J

JaZeCrAzE

Reaction score
Sin$
just make sure u got Microsoft netframework 4.0 bullcrap thingy or whatever. its used for fluffy tool and a few programs in the moddinh scene. if that's not your issue, then find a different source to download the files. i suggest type SDK nieghborhood RGH in youtube bar and look for a youtuber kind enough to left a mediafire or mega link with the sdk. the sdk should be 800mbs to 1gb usually. idk why y'all had such issues. i never had issues with it. if y'all still can't get it working, let me know and I'll jump on my pc and copy and upload my SDK nieghborhood exe and it's installation bs and upload it to mediafire for ya to download.
Do you think it could be any other Microsoft program im missing? I went to download Microsoft frame 4.0 and it says I already have it, Ive used MANY different links to try and install it

Do you think it could be any other Microsoft program im missing? I went to download Microsoft frame 4.0 and it says I already have it, Ive used MANY different links to try and install it
Also the crazy thing is I had my whole rgh setup working on this same pc... my little brother had it for a while and ****ed some stuff up.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Also the crazy thing is I had my whole rgh setup working on this same pc... my little brother had it for a while and ****ed some stuff up.
I will reply to your comments when you tag me, please do not DM me if you replied. Be patient.

If you're using the right XDK, it should be around a Gig in size. You should install it alongside Visual Studio for the full edition. Lite you can just install the XDK.
It will tell you if you're missing anything it needs, so that's not the issue if you're able to install it.

Are you using Windows 10? it may well be that the XDK doesn't work with Windows 10's newest updates. I haven't used the XDK since 2016 but it worked just fine for me.

thatnzguy

thatnzguy

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Bit of a necro post, but this was the most relevant thread on the internet about this problem - and I eventually found a solution:
I installed the Xbox 360 SDK and couldn't find the Neighbourhood, it wasn't anywhere on my PC.

The Xbox 360 Neighbourhood is a special desktop item, it's not a shortcut, it doesn't appear in C/Users/[User]/Desktop/

I happened to have "Show Desktop Icons" turned off.

To fix the problem I turned "Show Desktop Icons" on by Right clicking on my desktop > View > Show Desktop Icons.

Then reinstalling the SDK the neighbourhood appears on the desktop. You can now right click it > Pin to Start menu and disable 'show desktop icons' to keep it around.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Bit of a necro post, but this was the most relevant thread on the internet about this problem - and I eventually found a solution:
I installed the Xbox 360 SDK and couldn't find the Neighbourhood, it wasn't anywhere on my PC.

The Xbox 360 Neighbourhood is a special desktop item, it's not a shortcut, it doesn't appear in C/Users/[User]/Desktop/

I happened to have "Show Desktop Icons" turned off.

To fix the problem I turned "Show Desktop Icons" on by Right clicking on my desktop > View > Show Desktop Icons.

Then reinstalling the SDK the neighbourhood appears on the desktop. You can now right click it > Pin to Start menu and disable 'show desktop icons' to keep it around.
Correct, this is because of the way Windows 10 actually shows it's icons now everything is tied to OneDrive. :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register