What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved Xbox 360 Neighborhood - Can't view content folders from USB drives

• Thread starter Polylemon
  • Start date
  • Views 1,300
P

Polylemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't booted up my JTAG in a while, and I've reinstalled windows since, but after I reinstalled X360 Neighborhood, added my JTAG, I then noticed all the contents from any USB drive do not show up, minus some text files, HDD shows everything in it as normal.

My game library is still there, as I can see plugged in my PC using Horizon, and my Dashboard on my JTAG and games boot normally from there. I can't say if I touched something on my JTAG before my hiatus.

I moved an XBDM I downloaded to my USB thumb drive to reinstall, to then manually move it to my HDD, and X360 Neighborhood does see the xbdm.xex file in my USB thumb drive, so seems the content folders are hidden.

I installed X360 Neighborhood on a virtual machine on a Server I have, and same issue persists, so I believe it's something on my JTAG? Any settings I should have not touched? idk.

Any guidance is appreciated, thank you.

P

Polylemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
FTP is a better way to go.
Yes, I do use Filezilla for File transfers, but I rely on Neighborhood for launching executables on certain games I have in raw file form in folders, so I don't have to jump through hoops, as well as the easy screenshot and rebooting features Neighborhood offers.
Post automatically merged:

Update: I seem to have fixed it?. I had previously plugged in my external HDD in my PC to verify content files, but I overlooked hidden files that were in the root location.

It seems that I have previously plugged my external HDD to my Macbook, running MacOS of course, because I found several hidden files. There were "time machine" + "spotlight" hidden files. I hate that MacOS creates far too many hidden files within drives, I believe spotlight is for file cache and time machine part of their backup solution app.

I deleted all these MacOS hidden files, and to my surprise, it actually solved my issue. I can view my content folders from my external HDD in Neighborhood, but also in my USB thumb drive which was actually formatted fresh today, so unsure why Neighborhood wouldn't show content files earlier.

What a day trying to debug this. Well, now this will be in the history books for anyone in the future needing help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register