• Views 1,492
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugotpwned5

ugotpwned5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it dangerous to play the 360 without putting it back together? Like does it in anyway messup airflow or anything? I know dust overtime could be an issue, but anything else? :?

doodlebro

doodlebro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ugotpwned5 said:
Is it dangerous to play the 360 without putting it back together? Like does it in anyway messup airflow or anything? I know dust overtime could be an issue, but anything else? :?

You could EASILY short out the board or any part of the circuitry and fry it. Why don't you just put the case on...?

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
playing with your xbox n***d is perfectly safe. as long as your xbox is the only one n***d. :tongue:

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
doodlebro said:
You could EASILY short out the board or any part of the circuitry and fry it. Why don't you just put the case on...?
Only if he drops something in it or touches it.

L

ll V1oLeNT ll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldn't set it on carpet cauze im pretty sure static electricity can **** up the mb

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
ll V1oLeNT ll said:
I wouldn't set it on carpet cauze im pretty sure static electricity can **** up the mb
not if it plunged in then its grounded

doodlebro

doodlebro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
supremecippy said:
not if it plunged in then its grounded

Okay, go and plug in your 360, run around in flannel and with socks on a carpeted surface, and then touch the mobo, I guarantee your xbox would be fried.

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
doodlebro said:
Okay, go and plug in your 360, run around in flannel and with socks on a carpeted surface, and then touch the mobo, I guarantee your xbox would be fried.
or it will go straight to ground and wont do s***.

Pieceman

Pieceman

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
doodlebro said:
The only way you could "fry" your xbox by doing this is if you completed a circuit that should not have been completed.. Using your body as a conductor. Your not going to give off enough static to fry anything if the xbox is grounded (plugged in to the wall).

Back on topic though, I say strip that *** down man. Just don't come back here *****ing that your xbox is ruined because you spilled a coke on it. Or that your dog died when it licked something hot.

B

Blu3 1ightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ya its perfectly safe. i have done it before but i dont like it without the case it looks way better with the case especially when its a modded case

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah back in the H2 modding days i used to hotswap with my case off. Nothing happened. Just make sure not to drop anything(metal) that can bridge two connections. That is the only danger you would have of having the case off. Not counting spilling something in it.

P

pimpfuu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you guys are all missing 1 major problem with running an xbox without the case on.

the xbox is designed so that way it creates a tunnel of airflow from the bottom of the xbox, to the back of the xbox, this airflow is necessary to keep the cpu and gpus at a lower temperature. with the top casing off of the main metal casing, it takes away that airflow, there is still suction, but there is so much more openness, that the fans are doing almost nothing to help.

it would be fine for a lil bit, but i believe it has higher chances of overheating, especially if it is an older mobo revision.

Scar

Scar

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have had so many consoles running while open when doing the RROD fix... It will be just fine.

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
my current box only has halfa case, i can post the heatsink as i play.
going on two years now ..

Pieceman

Pieceman

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
pimpfuu said:
you guys are all missing 1 major problem with running an xbox without the case on.

the xbox is designed so that way it creates a tunnel of airflow from the bottom of the xbox, to the back of the xbox, this airflow is necessary to keep the cpu and gpus at a lower temperature. with the top casing off of the main metal casing, it takes away that airflow, there is still suction, but there is so much more openness, that the fans are doing almost nothing to help.

it would be fine for a lil bit, but i believe it has higher chances of overheating, especially if it is an older mobo revision.
The tunnel design was made because the case was holding the heat it. Without it on, you eliminate the insulating case, which negates the need for the tunnel. :wink:

trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hell you could just leave the tunnel on anyway, not like that is really part of the case.

D

Doeboy1337

Reaction score
Sin$
my 360 is n***d and it's quite and enjoyable sight. There's no problem with a n***d SeXbox 360

Nookie

Nookie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
been running a n***d Xbox for about a year now... havent had any problems at all with it.

i use a small screwdriver to power on the console, and the same screwdriver to eject the tray.

i have no idea where the case is... :frown:

J

jdcx95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Running an xbox without a case is fine...2 of my 3 xboxs don't have cases. Just remember to keep the air duct on...i left it off and left the room for 10 minutes, I got back and its ****ing 2rrod. It broke my damn fan.

i will miss you

i will miss you

Autism and Alcoholism
End of the Year 2010 End of the Year 2011 Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
if you're worried about it overheating, just run a fan on it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register