C/C++ [Xbox 360] Lua xConsole

• Thread starter XxZingyxX
  • Start date
  • Views 1,619
X

XxZingyxX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I was messing around with the SDK and I was wondering what I could do. After seeing that Aurora supported lua scripts to customize the dash, I thought why not try making something with lua too. So I simply used the ATG Console with the lua API to make this.

7a6db8bfcc.bmp

How it works:

To get this working on your console, simply extract it to your JTAG/RGH hard drive and start Lua xConsole.xex.

If you want to make your own lua script, you need to modify the Main.lua file that is in "Lua xConsole/Media/Scripts" with a text editor (I recommend Notepad++).

There are a couple of functions you might want to know:
xConsolePrint(string message) Prints a string in the console.
xConsolePrintln(string message) Prints a string in the console and starts a new line.
xConsoleIncrementLine(int x = 1) Goes down x lines. Default is 1.
xConsoleClear() Clears the console.
xConsoleExit() Exits the application
xConsoleIsButtonPressed(XInput input) Returns a bool wether a button is pressed or not. Use the global table XInputs["The button you want to check"]. Replace what's in the brackets by one of these:
A
B
X
Y
DPAD_UP
DPAD_DOWN
DPAD_LEFT
DPAD_RIGHT
LEFT_THUMB
RIGHT_THUMB
LEFT_SHOULDER
RIGHT_SHOULDER
START
BACK
BIGBUTTON

There are also two hooks that may prove very uselful:

onInitialization() Called when the console is initialized.
onButtonPressed(XInput input) Called when a button is pressed.

There will surely be some bugs with lua scripting, I didn't implement any debug output or syntax error messages. If you have an error with your syntax, it will either crash or not load the file.

Download

Virus Scan

R

rzsm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks really good bro! I might look more into this.. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom