What's new

Solved xbox 360 liteon phat optical drive key extract

• Thread starter saxjonz
  • Start date
  • Views 317
S

saxjonz

Reaction score
If any of you could help with this issue I've run in to I would be relieved. Searched online for days. Was hard to find jungle flasher but then I got it and installed it and the workaround for it to function on windows ten 64 bit system.

Looked high and low for a probe, usb 360 pro v2 but no luck then read that I could just use the sata drive port in back of computer. I have one but then quickly realized it's an e sata port.

Is it possible to connect with a sata to esata adapter cable to extract the key from drive or is it not going to work like that?

Thanks in advance!

N

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
If any of you could help with this issue I've run in to I would be relieved. Searched online for days. Was hard to find jungle flasher but then I got it and installed it and the workaround for it to function on windows ten 64 bit system.

Looked high and low for a probe, usb 360 pro v2 but no luck then read that I could just use the sata drive port in back of computer. I have one but then quickly realized it's an e sata port.

Is it possible to connect with a sata to esata adapter cable to extract the key from drive or is it not going to work like that?

Thanks in advance!
You won't know until you try it.

You'd have to give the drive power, via the Xbox 360, and connect it to the SATA>eSATA.
If you shows up in J-Runner, then you're good.

However - you'll still need a probe to extract the key.

Here's the X360USB Pro v2:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/322994798031

S

saxjonz

Reaction score
Cool, thanks! I looked the other day and the one I saw they were shipping from Russia. I wasn't sure about that. lol

S

saxjonz

Reaction score
This doesn't have a probe on it. It's an extension. But the probe isn't a big deal is it? I mean I can make one easily and just use the xbox to power it up. I saw that tutorial a few times where you wrap wire around a pic then ground it to chassis (another tutorial has it grounded to a wire in line and then cutting another wire in half and using a toggle switch. I guess that, as long as it gets the job done, will work.

X

X1337XSNIP3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah you can do that. I hear a sewing needle works the best

S

saxjonz

Reaction score
So I have figured out the method of attack on the xbox, no problems there. Esata Cable to Sata, check. Windows 10 won't allow jungle flasher to install a needed driver. I have tried every single thing under the sun to workaround this problem. I even tried to install win xp on separate drive. Any ideas?

Top Bottom