Solved Xbox 360 Jasper no longer booting

• Thread starter Dumbwisdom
  • Start date
  • Views 1,726
D

Dumbwisdom

Reaction score
Sin$
I just finished my RGH 1.2 Jasper with CoolRunner Rev C. I had it all working and tested xex menu and it worked. Then I decided to clean up the wires and put it back in the case and it stopped working. I checked all my soldering points a lot of times. I messed up FT2R2 so I fixed that by soldering under where the pad came off to the trace. I also messed up R4B24 but I believe I fixed that by going from the resistor to the trace and it started working. I don’t think this is the problem because I get power on the board and 1.8v on point B. I also get continuity from the trace before FT2R2 to R4B24 and the trace before it and point B. Does that indicate it’s not a problem? Also, after reattaching PLL multiple times the pad lifted so I know that is my problem. How would I fix that? Solder to the resistor above it then to the point near the gpu on the other side of the board and attach PLL there?

Z

Zerker24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Your soldering could use a little work. I would shorten all your wires significantly. I am happy that you're showing interest is performing the mod yourself, but installing a mod chip is delicate work, especially if you have little to know experience.

A few tips from things I figured out when I was starting.

Shorten your wires....
This will help prevent the wire from accidentally touching any other pads, and in some cases can provide better performance.

Turn down your heat, don'tkeep youriron on so long...
When I first started, I ripped a few pads myself. I have found that if you turn down the heat you're a lot less likely to pull a pad. Also, try and keep your iron on the point as little as possible.

Flux....
You will be surprised how much easier this work is with flux. It causes heat to flow evenly and faster, and you wnd up with nice and clean solder and makes a connection very fast.

We have all been beginners at one point, try not to let that discourage you. Practice makes perfect, if you keep trying you WILL get better.

D

Dumbwisdom

Reaction score
Sin$
Just thought I’d share how I fixed this in case anyone came across it. I measured the resistance across the resistor by the HANA chip and got no continuity so that fixed my no power problem. If you’re getting no power it’s almost certainly that resistor/pad. By my luck I had a 30 ohm resistor laying around (I barely have any spares of anything) so I soldered that from the pad to the trace and boom power. So now I had to fix my PLL_BYPASS. For me what showed I had a broken PLL_BYPASS was that on the CoolRunner I got two rapid blinks and one short blink and with retail band I got RROD. Now what really confused me was that I thought I had fixed it by going to the trace under the heat sink and wiring it to the actual PLL_BYPASS resistor/via but I still had errors. So what I learned from this was that even if a wire “sticks” to a trace or via it may not be connected. Once I soldered it again to the trace and really pushed it into the via it actually booted. Then I wired the CR back up and flashed my xeBuild back and put it back together and my RGH 1.2 xbox was finally finished.

Top Bottom
Login
Register