What's new

Solved Xbox 360 Jasper 16MB RGH 1.2 HELP!!!

ViperishMist

ViperishMist

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, so recently I got my hands on a new Xbox 360 console, a nand x, a cool runner rev c and alt stuff to use with it. However one problem I'm having is that I cant get it to boot!! I managed to read the nands and it said that they are the same, so then I made an ECC and then wrote it to my console. After that I installed the rev c and flashed a timing file to it and now every time I turn it on the green light stays on solid and even stays on when I turn the console off.. its really weird because I know the green light on the rev c is only supposed to come on for a few seconds when its glitching the CPU but mine stays solid even when powered off. Also, when the console is on and "attempting" to boot, the fan speed pulses rapidly and I really don't know what to do like did I break my console or the chip or what????

If someone can PLEASE help I would appreciate it so much!! I can also attempt to send pictures and everything if I can, because right now its out in my dresser since I got fed up with it.

Solution
ViperishMist
Update: Yes, it's been a hot minute since I made an update here about the console. But yes, I've watched so many different videos on how to RGH an Xbox that I have almost all the points memorized off by heart and almost all the stuff on what to do in JRunner. The falcon had the same issues that the jasper did, and eventually I put it all back to the stock nand and the falcon works perfectly on retail. Sadly, that jasper still has the same issue and wont power on what so ever when the power button is pushed and I would really like to get it fixed so I can try to re mod it again. Another note, I've been helping my friend mod his console lately and we ALSO have been running into the same exact issue so obviously there's something that we...
S

scottD1503

Premium
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Need pictures really, What timing file are your using.
for coolrunner you need the matrix files and i find 21 is normally a good start.

ViperishMist

ViperishMist

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the photos, but I don't know how to send them because this site just gives me an error every time I include the link. If you got an email I can send them over there or if you got any other idea I'm down to hear. But the timing file I'm using is the 21 and it does not boot.

S

scottD1503

Premium
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
send me a pm with a link to the files if you want and i will see if i can help.
Post automatically merged:

Got Them, why is the 3.3v wire removed?
Have you put back to stock and tried to boot?
Try creating xell and writing that again, i did one the other day that wouldn't boot till i rewrote the xell image.

Also just checking you have selected the correct settings in jrunner ?

To anyone else that might read this thread and try help images are here

Last edited:
ViperishMist

ViperishMist

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The 3v3 is removed because I tried flashing to retail but didn’t know how so I just left it because I got fed up. Also I got up to the point where I created the ECC and wrote it to the console but haven’t created a xell image. Unless you are supposed to do that in order to get it to boot? If so, I’m an idiot. ?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just post pics at imgur then list links here . I am curious to see whats going on.

EDit: see the link now

to reflash stock just load one of your matching nand dumps and click write . Then u can check if still booting stock . But link pics first. Chip not flashing (yet proper timing flashed )sounds like
You have something completely wrong like wrong post point or something.

I will admit i've been out of the loop for a bit. Your soldering looks good enough and are the right points. Although its safer for first time to use alt clk! once that pad lifts you have to repair the circuit. I would advise flashing stock. just leave the 3.3 off to boot stock. everything else can stay attached. If it boots stock then we can move forward on things to try. Also on jaspers i almost always would bridge the cap jumper on the rev c. (although remembering correctly this wont cause chip not to flash). Also what dash are you on?

Last edited:
ViperishMist

ViperishMist

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just post pics at imgur then list links here . I am curious to see whats going on.

EDit: see the link now

to reflash stock just load one of your matching nand dumps and click write . Then u can check if still booting stock . But link pics first. Chip not flashing (yet proper timing flashed )sounds like
You have something completely wrong like wrong post point or something.

I will admit i've been out of the loop for a bit. Your soldering looks good enough and are the right points. Although its safer for first time to use alt clk! once that pad lifts you have to repair the circuit. I would advise flashing stock. just leave the 3.3 off to boot stock. everything else can stay attached. If it boots stock then we can move forward on things to try. Also on jaspers i almost always would bridge the cap jumper on the rev c. (although remembering correctly this wont cause chip not to flash). Also what dash are you on?
Thank you for the reply man, perfect timing too because now the console wont power on anymore. like you hit the power button and even try the eject button and no lights or fans spinning, although the lights on the rev c are still on (both red and green are solid). Also I tried doing that with trying to get back to the retail nand but it kept saying bad blocks so maybe its bad soldering with the nand wires?? but at this point since the console wont even power on and could be anything at this point. And I did solder to the alternative clk point but went to the original to see if anything would change and sure enough nothing did. And I'm on the latest dash with the latest J-Runner. (17559) And where's the point on the cool runner where I should bridge? because I heard people saying that but all the points where they said to bridge has a resistor on it so I just left it there.

S

scottD1503

Premium
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If its not booting it will probably be something the do with the CLK point, unless you managed to short the board ( i have done it before i forgot to unplug the power whilst trying to solder to the board)

PS sorry ment to say ECC above not xell i had xell stuck in my head after doing a jtag console.

Just checking you did get 2 good nand reads before continuing right? i only ask as you said you had nand read/write errors

ViperishMist

ViperishMist

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If its not booting it will probably be something the do with the CLK point, unless you managed to short the board ( i have done it before i forgot to unplug the power whilst trying to solder to the board)

PS sorry ment to say ECC above not xell i had xell stuck in my head after doing a jtag console.

Just checking you did get 2 good nand reads before continuing right? i only ask as you said you had nand read/write errors
Should I try the alt clk point again? like maybe that will fix why its not powering on? because if it is shorted, how would I fix that? Also what wire should I use for the alt clk point? because last time I did it I used the longest wire from the slim cables and it looked messy af.

S

scottD1503

Premium
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If it were me i would remove everything and start again clean up the area around the CLK, add the nand read cables try flash back to retail, then try to get it booting into retail.
Can you post a picture of the CLK point in its current state ?

once you have it booting to retail then start rgh1.2 again.

Last edited:
ViperishMist

ViperishMist

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If it were me i would remove everything and start again clean up the area around the CLK, add the nand read cables try flash back to retail, then try to get it booting into retail.
Can you post a picture of the CLK point in its current state ?

once you have it booting to retail then start rgh1.2 again.
Okay, I'm gonna attempt to flash back to retail to see if anything changes. and just making sure to do that you just click load source and select nand dump 1 and in extra load the second one right? (just wanna be sure so I don't mess anything up)

S

scottD1503

Premium
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
To be fair you only need to load up 1 nand file but it doesnt hurt to add both and compare them before writing.

ViperishMist

ViperishMist

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
To be fair you only need to load up 1 nand file but it doesnt hurt to add both and compare them before writing.
I think its safe to say this board is shorted. As soon as I hook it up to power the point where the yellow nand wire is installed smokes up and sizzles and smells burnt.. Any fixing this?
Post automatically merged:

Here is what happened for anyone wondering.

Last edited:
ViperishMist

ViperishMist

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Update: I got a falcon board from my brother to mod since my jasper board got bricked, and I did everything the same as last time, but I still get the same issue. Like the green light flashes every couple of seconds and when it does the fan speed goes up for a fraction of a second and goes back down so I think it might have something to do with the cool runner changing the clock speed but failing?? I’m also using the 21 timing file. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this??

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
sounds like you had some of your nand points shorted on your jasper obviously . on that one i would remove everything (all wires,revc etc.) see if it tries to boot. then if it does redo your nand points carefully and see if you can flash it back stock.
post some pics of the falcon. also a video to youtube of it trying to boot. you have to be very carefull with your soldering and clean up with iso alc. and look closely for shorts.

ViperishMist

ViperishMist

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Update: Yes, it's been a hot minute since I made an update here about the console. But yes, I've watched so many different videos on how to RGH an Xbox that I have almost all the points memorized off by heart and almost all the stuff on what to do in JRunner. The falcon had the same issues that the jasper did, and eventually I put it all back to the stock nand and the falcon works perfectly on retail. Sadly, that jasper still has the same issue and wont power on what so ever when the power button is pushed and I would really like to get it fixed so I can try to re mod it again. Another note, I've been helping my friend mod his console lately and we ALSO have been running into the same exact issue so obviously there's something that we are both doing wrong or there's something that we are forgetting to do. He actually has a post up on the forums if you think you can help there. https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...rgh-1-2-used-to-boot-but-is-now-dead.1824532/ But what should I do now?!?!

Solution
Top Bottom
Login
Register