What's new

Unsolved Xbox 360 Japser RGH1.2: Smoke comming from SMD cap after installing coolrunner

E

Eneas64

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Today I wanted to finish my RGH1.2 mod on my jasper X360. Everything went well while soldering, but as I wanted to write the ecc to the nand, smoke came from the SMD cap C2B15. I've most likely fried it somehow with heat from my soldering iron (correct me on that if I'm wrong, I'm no expert).
Now my questions are:
1. could this have damaged something else?
2. What is the spec of this component and can replace it?
And 3. Is it possible that is fried the whole board?
The PSU did not light up red and the coolrunner had power.
Here is an image from the Component:
Thanks in advance :smile:

C

Cryptic7s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the black mark just above the Capacitor? Im not completely 100% on what this goes to, so you'll be better off waiting for someone else to validate, but I just pulled one from a falcon board I have that won't boot to dash, and powered up it now shows 0002, so you will probably need to replace it. i'll try and find the voltages etc for you, but you'll be better off waiting for someone to verify as ive had this board stored for a while, so could be something else.

E

Eneas64

Reaction score
Whats the black mark just above the Capacitor? Im not completely 100% on what this goes to, so you'll be better off waiting for someone else to validate, but I just pulled one from a falcon board I have that won't boot to dash, and powered up it now shows 0002, so you will probably need to replace it. i'll try and find the voltages etc for you, but you'll be better off waiting for someone to verify as ive had this board stored for a while, so could be something else.
I don't know what that black mark is, I guess it is a burn mark from the cap onto the board.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does your Japser still boot with the stock nand ?

Top Bottom