What's new

Solved Xbox 360 J-Runner V2 - Solid Red and USB Input device -

Clevermuppet

Clevermuppet

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey there guys and girls,

I have an issue with my JRP v2, It has a solid red light on the board indicating its in bootloader mode? ive put the device in every possible configuration with the switches, tried to flash the device but its showing as Device not found in j runner. tried uninstalling the drivers and somehow ended up in this mess. the JRP2 now comes up as a USB input device and i cannot for the life of me reinstall the drivers, i cant flash the device and now i cant do anything. please i really need some help. ive already gone over hundreds of forum posts looking for an answer i cant seem to get anywhere. im running win 10 btw

Solution
Clevermuppet
appreciate you taking the time to help, im gonna side load Win7 and try it on there. if i get anywhere ill make sure to update with my solution.

Alright I've done it.

First of all I had to install win7 which was a pain in itself but that's not why you may be here.

The jrpv2 was stuck in bootloader mode. I disconnected the device and made sure the switch was facing away from the usb port.

Then I unplugged the jrp and removed all drivers that could be associated to the device. Once I had done that I plugged it in, uninstalled the device from device manager unplugged it and restated the computer spamming the F8 key

This allowed me to turn off the driver signature thing. Once the computer was on I opened j runner and plugged...
Clevermuppet

Clevermuppet

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Quick Update - Ive managed to (i think) get drivers installed. for some reason the J Runner now sometimes shows "Bootloader Removed" when im trying the reset glitch. I left the JRP for a while to see if it would "Reset itself" but to no avail. Any advise would be majorly appreciated

D

Deleted member 847964

No sympathy for the Devil; keep that in mind
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
shows "Bootloader Removed" when im trying the reset glitch.
What exactly do you mean here? Make sure to never power the console on with the jrp still hooked up.

Windows 10 will give you issues with jrp that can be a real pain to figure out. If you flip the switch to bootloader mode the PC should detect it so you can at least reflash the firmware on the jrp. The last time I ran into issues with it my PC wouldn't detect it at all unless in bootloader mode (not even as a USB input). Open up "Devices and Printers" on your PC and see if it shows the jrp there. For me I deleted it from the devices and printers then when I plugged it in again it detected it as a USB input device with the little yellow caution flag next to it meaning the drivers weren't installed. From there it let me re-install the drivers finally. Also you need to disable driver signature checks to be able to install the drivers.

Clevermuppet

Clevermuppet

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What exactly do you mean here? Make sure to never power the console on with the jrp still hooked up.
Sorry, what I mean is in J runner im trying a trick that was posted on this forums where you press the reset several times on the JR Programmer and the disconnect and reconnect the JR Programmer tricking it out of Bootloader mode.

The Device shows up as "USB input device" in "Devices and Printers" as well as everywhere else (Device manager ect)

ive tried installing drivers , uninstalling and the reinstalling. manually deleting the drivers ect ect. tried disabling Driver Signature and also tried doing the CMD BCD edit stuff. Not much luck at the moment.

Ill give it all a try again now but i dont hold much hope haha

D

Deleted member 847964

No sympathy for the Devil; keep that in mind
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Try deleting the USB input device from the devices and printers, also try different USB cables if you have some laying around. If you have access to a PC with Windows 7 or are able to sideload it on your PC that would most likely work, or be easier to troubleshoot anyway, but that's definitely the long way around and not ideal for everyone. If I can think of some other solutions I'll let you know. I just had issues with mine trying to flash timing to a chip because I have a batch of ace v4.1's that are randomly dying for no reason, so I know it's a pain in the butt dealing with it.

Clevermuppet

Clevermuppet

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
appreciate you taking the time to help, im gonna side load Win7 and try it on there. if i get anywhere ill make sure to update with my solution.

Clevermuppet

Clevermuppet

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Alright I've done it.

First of all I had to install win7 which was a pain in itself but that's not why you may be here.

The jrpv2 was stuck in bootloader mode. I disconnected the device and made sure the switch was facing away from the usb port.

Then I unplugged the jrp and removed all drivers that could be associated to the device. Once I had done that I plugged it in, uninstalled the device from device manager unplugged it and restated the computer spamming the F8 key

This allowed me to turn off the driver signature thing. Once the computer was on I opened j runner and plugged in the device. Making sure the switch was still away from the usb port. Once loaded j runner doesn't show me that anything is connected so all I did was hit update jrp fw in the tools menu. This to my surprise started flashing the firmware. Woohoo!

Once updated I headed straight over to device manager and it showed up as jr programmer in other devices, I updated the drive making sure to point windows to where the drivers are located ( common/drivers) and now the device shows up properly in device manager and also shows the jr programmer logo.

Wow that was a lot of steps but I hope for anyone who gets stuck can somewhat follow these steps and get the same results. Best of luck!

Solution
Top Bottom
Login
Register