Solved Xbox 360 - Handling.dat error - help

ISOLaTION Xy

ISOLaTION Xy

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello Everyone :smile:

I have used a base modifications pack from Freeze Car Mods: (EFLC) which I have edited it a lot as you can see here: it is working fine part from a little few bugs but I have fixed them, I tried adding a off-road line for the rancher and an super speed line for the infernus and that’s it but obviously it put me on an infinite loading screen but it wasn’t an issue as I’m using Xk3y then I tried adding/removing some text on the bottom (tutorial I followed: ) to make it the right size (41,386 bytes) which it was but still put me on a infinite loading screen then I did a lot of research and found this gta iv Modifications guide: https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/gta-iv-modification-tutorial.199631/ and at the top it tells you about these security files which I’m a bit confused about (as I’m a noob with this stuff) so I tried that editing the files and replacing them using Open IV and making sure to not edit the patched line (#%! Etc) I tested all the steps previously messing around with them and still can’t get it work. I also heard it might have something to do with spaces but I have no clue. Also tried replacing the handling.dat in the DLC2 & Common.rpf but still haven’t fixed it. I have even tried moving the extra text from the bottom to the top (comments section) and replaced both in the DLC2 & Common.rpf also tried just replacing it in the common but it doesn’t give me an infinite loading screen as it loads but the handling hasn’t changed.

I have spoken to the Freeze Car Mods (the developer of the base mods I used) but he didn’t answer my questions.

So I am very clueless and annoyed I have tried everything and is bugging me as I have tested it over and over again for a week straight and it is the main last thing I want to edit.

So any help will be MASSIVELY appreciated! Thanks!! :smile::wink:

Also I’m using ELFC (TBOGT) if that makes a difference and Freeze Car Mods has previous added a custom Sultan RS drift line before but that’s it. Also I’m using Notepad++ to edit my handling.dat

Link to my handling.dat: https://m.sendspace.com/file/1aotmz

Last edited:
Restrain

Restrain

S-D Winchester
Hidden Devils
Programmer Reporter Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
If your new handling file is the same size as the original then another file you edited is freezing you. Adding/removing text from the handling won’t affect it as long as it’s commented out by using # I believe.

Upvote 0
ISOLaTION Xy

ISOLaTION Xy

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If your new handling file is the same size as the original then another file you edited is freezing you. Adding/removing text from the handling won’t affect it as long as it’s commented out by using # I believe.

Hi thanks for the feedback but I have tested my common.rpf/iso without the edited handling.dat it and works fine so I’m positive it is the handling.dat which is causing the infinite loading screens. But I’m not so sure what you mean by commenting it out with a #

I have added a bunch of hashes like this in the comments section at the top of the handling.dat so would i just add a # at the end as seen here:

—————————————————————————————————#

Is this correct?

Upvote 0
Restrain

Restrain

S-D Winchester
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi thanks for the feedback but I have tested my common.rpf/iso without the edited handling.dat it and works fine so I’m positive it is the handling.dat which is causing the infinite loading screens. But I’m not so sure what you mean by commenting it out with a #

I have added a bunch of hashes like this in the comments section at the top of the handling.dat so would i just add a # at the end as seen here:

—————————————————————————————————#

Is this correct?
# is used to comment out text. Meaning all text will be ignored if used like this for example: #Se7ensins MoDz. Make sure you did not comment/delete any important words that the file needs to read or you’ll infinite load.

Upvote 0
ISOLaTION Xy

ISOLaTION Xy

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
t
# is used to comment out text. Meaning all text will be ignored if used like this for example: #Se7ensins MoDz. Make sure you did not comment/delete any important words that the file needs to read or you’ll infinite load.

Oh ok so do I need to add a # to the start of the hashes I addded? also no I did not comment/delete any important text.

Upvote 0
Restrain

Restrain

S-D Winchester
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
t

Oh ok so do I need to add a # to the start of the hashes I addded? also no I did not comment/delete any important text.
I was incorrect. I confused ; with #. I skimmed through your file, I didn't see anything wrong. I'll give it a more thorough look later if i can.

Upvote 0
Token

Token

Godly Sinner
Administrator
Content Team
Hidden Devils
Grammar Nazi Frame In Gold Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi ISOLaTION Xy ISOLaTION Xy ,

Please let me know if this has been resolved or if you still need assistance with this.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register