Xbox 360 hacked!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by lx leo xl, Aug 11, 2009 with 65 replies and 2,565 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lx leo xl

lx leo xl Enthusiast

Ratings:
    DO NOT UPDATE YOU WILL GET LEFT OUT!!!
    "It seems that this update is being done to fix a vulnerability already known to the Free60 Project. This vulnerability has been successfully exploited to run arbitrary code, and a complete end user compatible hack has been in development for some time and is planned to be released on free60.org shortly. It will allow users to take back control of their Xboxes and run arbitrary code like homebrew applications or Linux right after turning on the console and without the need of a modchip, finally opening up the Xbox 360 to a level of hacking as the original Xbox."

This is from free60.org via Xbox-scene.com

Guys you know what this means for all the halo 3 kiddies in the world.

2. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    Hm... Interesting. I got into modding right around the time the 360 came out so I don't know much about this. What exactly does this mean.

3. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Very, very nice. Leo, msg me on AIM when you find details to the hack.

4. OP
    lx leo xl

lx leo xl Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It could mean alot, for starters the ability to execute some type of code on the xbox (like the old kk exploit) but I think its more than that
    I think we may be able to have our dear old xbox1 modding days back. This could mean running unsigned xex's

5. emachines2042

emachines2042 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What ****ing idiots why would they release it when the day the patch comes out, we could have had so much fun with this before the patch, including access to live. ****

• Like Like x 1
  6. Acer

Acer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So is this like softmodding?

I got K:2.0.8495.0, will this work?

7. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    I thought it was only early 360s with a Loophole to allow you to run things like Linux on your Xbox 360s but wow.

8. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Um maybe they updated a 360 and the exploit didn't work anymore. Ever think about that smarty??

I have a spare 360 that i think i may keep now to see where this goes. Nice find leo.

9. nickcas

nickcas Getting There

Ratings:
    You sir, are an ungrateful *****. Why haven't you released a hack for the unhackable Xbox 360 before this? Because you don't know how, so stop *****ing at the people who do.

And the actual reason they released it now is because they needed to get the update first to realize that the new update patches it. Christ are you stupid?

And I forgot, quote from the man himself:

10. silentkiller sk

silentkiller sk Enthusiast

Ratings:
    they didn't release any thing there just warning you that they will be releasing some thing soon but that the update patches it before its out.(ITS NOT OUT YET)

11. nickcas

nickcas Getting There

Ratings:
    Well, since my previous post was deleted that was telling an ignorant user to shut his mouth, here's what I also posted:

From the man himself:

12. OP
    lx leo xl

lx leo xl Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I posted that on XS but this leads to other problems, if we are using the old kk update as a basis to boot the exploit then alot of games wouldn't even run on that update. We still don't know exactly whats going to happen, but it may very well be this info may be wrong, its all speculation me and anthony were thinking about, but we will have to wait and see.

13. nickcas

nickcas Getting There

Ratings:
    Yeah, but who says we can't boot into a newer unsigned version of the ... let's say 7371 (latest vulnerable dash). If the exploit is reflashing the bios, then it's putting on whatever bios we choose, correct? But you're right, we'll have to wait and see.

14. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    hm, and what's to prevent hackers to start writing off their own modified first-stage bootloader with unsigned code? All we need now is a custom firmware based older firmware that simply bypasses the x signature check :tongue:

15. nickcas

nickcas Getting There

Ratings:
    This is a good day. I'm almost positive we will be able to run a modified version of the current Xbox 360 dash, which means we can remove all sig checks, which then means we have full control over the Xbox. XEX loaders, homebrew games, full access to all of the 360's hardware, modding Halo 3 on retail, XBMC360 (eventually), plus much more unimaginable things to come.

Edit: How many MS employees are getting fired today do you think? :smile:

16. Genetic Paradox

Genetic Paradox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I don't know anything about this, but wouldn't this open up the door for emulators and hacked dashboards for the 360, similar to the way Xbox1 dashboard hacks worked?

17. nickcas

nickcas Getting There

Ratings:
    Yes.

18. Destiny

Destiny #ZxathCheated #NeverForget Retired

Ratings:
    Oh Happy Day!!! I think i might cry. :.(

19. Genetic Paradox

Genetic Paradox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    OH SHI-