Solved Xbox 360 gameshare with xbox one s + few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Axioma

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,

Now i have xbox 360 and been using it as my main console. My friend just bought xbox one s.
While i was on my 360, i purchased ( clicked GET THIS ON XBOX ONE) a lot of games, with GOLD privileges so far.
Question . If i log in to my friends xbox one s, with my profile and choose to make my profile 'My home xbox' , can i download these games to his xbox one s, ? Even i don't own any new gen consoles.
And question within the question. What will happen, when i will decide to buy my own xbox one or even xbox proj scorpion? I would like to get these games that i purchased on my own new console.
So. I will have to log in with my profile on my new console and make it ' my home console' ? And by doing that, does my friend loses my games? Loses the licenses to play these games?

Answers would help me a lot. Thank you. Been reading all day about gameshare, but i havent found simmilar q/a or just didn't understood them correctly.

Plus, can i download my 360 games to my friends xbox one s ? if i digitaly purchased them? As i understood while reading, not all games have that function, correct?

cheers <3

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Question . If i log in to my friends xbox one s, with my profile and choose to make my profile 'My home xbox' , can i download these games to his xbox one s, ? Even i don't own any new gen consoles.
Yes, you can play those games with your account on your friend's Xbox One. If you don't have an Xbox One yourself, you don't really need to set it as your Home. As long as your account is signed in, you can play games without it being Home.

However, if your friend wants to play the games, then setting it as Home will allow him to do that.

And question within the question. What will happen, when i will decide to buy my own xbox one or even xbox proj scorpion? I would like to get these games that i purchased on my own new console.
So. I will have to log in with my profile on my new console and make it ' my home console' ? And by doing that, does my friend loses my games? Loses the licenses to play these games?
When you get yourself an Xbox One, you will have access to all games you have on your account even if your Home is set on your friend's console.

A game's license works two ways:
  • The account that bought the game has a license.
  • The Xbox that's Home to the account has a license.
If the Xbox One isn't Home, you will need to be signed in to play games.

can i download my 360 games to my friends xbox one s ? if i digitaly purchased them? As i understood while reading, not all games have that function, correct?
If the Xbox 360 game is backward compatible, then yes, you can download it on your Xbox One and play it. Backward Compatible games work with Digital and Disc versions.

For the full list of Backward Compatible games, check out the list here: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...mpatibility-games-list-voting-thread.1339343/

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

A

Axioma

Reaction score
Sin$
Spooze, big thank you for the answers! Very informative

While reading your answers, i understood that i have some new Q for more detailed info .

1. For example. Few months later i will buy xbox one. I will sign in with my account, will i be able to download my games and play them (also can my friend ?) ? While on my friends xbox one, my profile is made ' my xbox home ' .

2. If i will make on his console my profile 'xbox home'. And download all the games available. Can i delete my account from his xbox one ? Since i already downloaded the game, and if i haven't changed 'xbox home' to some one else.
Plus, if i do that, could my friend see the games that i have recently purchased, and can he download it? While not having my profile on his console no more, but having only my 'xbox home' privileges

Thank you, i never before found the answers to these odd questions im having. Just want to clear the things max.

in addition to my 2 question. if my account is ' my home' on my friend console, if i change my password, will he still be able to see 'ready to instal games' or newly purchased games , or even play already downloaded games from me?

Ty

Sorry to bother you.

Last Q, cause i think i understood the whole mechanics of sharing. just want to be sure

For example. Can i download and play my games on many consoles as i would like to? 3,5, etc
The strick rule is that its only available at maximum 2 consolers per time?
For exmpl:

i have console A
my friend has console B
i travel somewhere and log in to console C, or D and so on

If my 'xbox home' is set only to console B, can i still download and play games on the consoles C,D on which I am logged on at the time only, correct? But only for one at the time (excluding console B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Spooze, big thank you for the answers! Very informative

While reading your answers, i understood that i have some new Q for more detailed info .

1. For example. Few months later i will buy xbox one. I will sign in with my account, will i be able to download my games and play them (also can my friend ?) ? While on my friends xbox one, my profile is made ' my xbox home ' .

2. If i will make on his console my profile 'xbox home'. And download all the games available. Can i delete my account from his xbox one ? Since i already downloaded the game, and if i haven't changed 'xbox home' to some one else.
Plus, if i do that, could my friend see the games that i have recently purchased, and can he download it? While not having my profile on his console no more, but having only my 'xbox home' privileges

Thank you, i never before found the answers to these odd questions im having. Just want to clear the things max.

1. Yes. That is how people gameshare. Your friend will have access to all games you buy as long as it remains his Home Xbox.

2. I don't believe you can delete the profile from his Xbox. If you, I believe it removed the Home. You can, however, change your password so he won't sign into it.

Games you buy will appear in his "Ready to install" list in "Games & apps." He won't have to sign into your account, but he will have to keep the account on his Xbox to keep it his Home.

In addition to my 2 question. if my account is ' my home' on my friend console, if i change my password, will he still be able to see 'ready to instal games' or newly purchased games , or even play already downloaded games from me?

Ty

Sorry to bother you.
I answered this in the above question. Yes you can change the password, but you can't delete it from his console.

Last Q, cause i think i understood the whole mechanics of sharing. just want to be sure

For example. Can i download and play my games on many consoles as i would like to? 3,5, etc
The strick rule is that its only available at maximum 2 consolers per time?
For exmpl:

i have console A
my friend has console B
i travel somewhere and log in to console C, or D and so on

If my 'xbox home' is set only to console B, can i still download and play games on the consoles C,D on which I am logged on at the time only, correct? But only for one at the time (excluding console B)
Yes. As long as the account that purchased the games is signed in, you can play the games on any console that is not Home.

To make this easier for you, I recommend buying an External Hard Drive and putting all your games on that and then take it with you if you travel. That way, if you do sign in on multiple consoles, you won't have to re-download all the game, as they will already be on the External Hard Drive.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Big Thank you! Should i delete this thread or leave it for others maybe to find something?
You're welcome. The Xbox One is a pretty different console compared to the Xbox 360. Hopefully these answers will help you out.

Answered questions go in the Support Archive section. So if anyone has a similar question, it'll be easy for me or someone else to give it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register