What's new

Unsolved Xbox 360 games freezing, no RROD.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My game freezes, i don't know why.

RGH, falcon v2. Temperatures are OK. Reflashed nand image. Still freezing.

When it does, game runs slower framerate, then freezes. No artifacts or crazy sounds and no RROD. After restart games run fine.

How to fix it?

R

rowdyalmonds

Reaction score
Hm. I've been having similar issues. After my console freezes, it will not boot and I can see my chip is no longer illuminating. Thinking/hoping I just roasted the chip somehow. New to modding. Do you know what chip you have on your falcon?

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hm. I've been having similar issues. After my console freezes, it will not boot and I can see my chip is no longer illuminating. Thinking/hoping I just roasted the chip somehow. New to modding. Do you know what chip you have on your falcon?
could be rrod. does green light blink on the console?

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fixed by using smaller cables and rerouting them around xclamps, not under. Also roudet them as close to xclamps to avoid power rail capacitor pins. I have tried to rerout all cables under xclap, games just lose sound and then gray screen.

If someone experiencing freezing with no rrod, try to reroute cables.

R

rowdyalmonds

Reaction score
Nice man! By smaller you mean shorter? Or a smaller gauge? Do you need a particular kind of wire for these connections?
I’m still running into this issue, I think routing around the xclamps helped protect from interference from the processor heat, but now my wires are super long

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice man! By smaller you mean shorter? Or a smaller gauge? Do you need a particular kind of wire for these connections?
I’m still running into this issue, I think routing around the xclamps helped protect from interference from the processor heat, but now my wires are super long
There is a thread about this on xecuter forums. I used salvage wire from wii sensor board, because theiy resist to heat and are small gauge. Lenght, make them to fit nicely, no stupid loops, so it means shortest way also avoidinřg high interference routes. Never route under xclamp. Gauge, smaller fits better, amps voltages small, 28-30 is more than enough.

Top Bottom