What's new

Solved Xbox 360 fan controller location?

• Thread starter BlackShadowGS
  • Start date
  • Views 394
B

BlackShadowGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this was a big f*** up on my part and I blame it on lack of sleep. I forgot how retarded the 3 pin connector was for the 360 as in it isnt the same as a computer. I was installing bigger fans and when I turned the console on I heard a pop and a little bit of smoke. I dont see any damage and at first I thought I had burnt out the damn fan motors. Somehow I shorted something out on the board and now the fans run at 12v constantly. I've tried to look up where a fan controller location is on the board but can't find anything. Everything else works like nothing happened. Just ****ed up something. Feels bad man

B

BlueSn00w

RGH/JTAG Seller
Reaction score
So this was a big **** up on my part and I blame it on lack of sleep. I forgot how retarded the 3 pin connector was for the 360 as in it isnt the same as a computer. I was installing bigger fans and when I turned the console on I heard a pop and a little bit of smoke. I dont see any damage and at first I thought I had burnt out the damn fan motors. Somehow I shorted something out on the board and now the fans run at 12v constantly. I've tried to look up where a fan controller location is on the board but can't find anything. Everything else works like nothing happened. Just ****ed up something. Feels bad man
TBH id just run the fans off of 8.7v here is a tut

B

BlackShadowGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH id just run the fans off of 8.7v here is a tut
classic mrmario and thanks for the info! I ended up buying a cheap voltage regulator with a dial and set it up since it was outputting 12 volts and that's what the chip uses for power. I hadn't known about that 9v fan mod though

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look for damaged transistors you can begin from 3 pin fan connector and follow the trace.

B

BlackShadowGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look for damaged transistors you can begin from 3 pin fan connector and follow the trace.
My eyes arent the best and I cant seem to find my magnifying glass attachment for my phone. Thanks though!

Top Bottom