• Thread starter Garfiz
  • Start date
  • Views 13,406
G

Garfiz

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,
So long story short, my Xbox 360 slim console (RGH) out of nowhere started thinking that the cpu temperature is extremely high, maximises the fan speed, and shut itself down preventing "overheating".
The main points after some researches:
When booting up the console, it starts completely normally, and right before freestyle dash shows up, the fan is progressively getting faster and louder, and by the time when dash is present the fan is going full speed, and when looked at temperatures, all components is around ~35C° ( I don't remember exactly) and the CPU temperature is rocking at around 90C°, while in the freestyle home, console doesn't shut down, but the temperatures of other components is even dropping down from all the fan action, and the cpu temperature slowly but progressively increases in very little numbers. When starting a game it needs like half a minute after console shuts itself and tells to wait while it cools down. (Abnormal CPU temp starts going up even more to the point where it's programmed to cool itself by shuting itself, giving a red dot, and telling to wait for console to cool itself, after some time it boots to the freestyle again and the temperature of CPU is back to around ~90C°) I found a similar problem in youtube with a fix called "xbox 360 slim false overheating fix" or something, and the video instructs to remove some resistors on the motherboard and replace them with solder jumpers. But before that i thought that getting some other people's ideas would be great thing to do before starting soldering iron madness. So i'm here. :smile:
Is it a green light for ripping console apart and solder the sh out of it? :biggrin:

G

Garfiz

Reaction score
Sin$
You mean it's a legit possibility, that half of the day eveything was okey, then baaam, paste went dry, and it started overheating? :smile:

G

Garfiz

Reaction score
Sin$
l1Cwq
Found out that something in that black squere thingy is wobbling, maybe it can be connected to the problem? :confused:

Rpidemon

Rpidemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
l1Cwq
Found out that something in that black squere thingy is wobbling, maybe it can be connected to the problem? :confused:

I can not view your picture but I would certainly try some Artic 5 Silver thermal paste before trying anything else.

What motherboard is your rgh and what is the secondary error code when it red dots?
Hold the sync button and press eject four times noting the illuminated lights on the rol each time.

G

Garfiz

Reaction score
Sin$
Checked thermal paste, looks wet and sexy. :biggrin: not the case i think. The board is Corona v1(Decided from FAQ's tut) Never red doted, just blinking dot when preventing from overheating. Another try with the picture of wobbly thing:
cP4bhm
https://ibb.co/cP4bhm
Gonna go try to get a confession code from it with sync buttons. :smile: brb

Top Bottom
Login
Register