Xbox 360 Error Codes Explained and How to Fix Them

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by Gung Ho Guns, Jun 11, 2006 with 247 replies and 210,623 views.

1. Syrus

Syrus Just chill out

Ratings:
    I will be using this guide in the near future, my old xbox (fat console) got the rrod so hopefully i can fix it

Thanks for making this you put it together nicely :smile:

2. Patrick

Patrick Frozen Foodz Mgt

Ratings:
    Thanks for this thread. If I need any help I'll be sure to use this.

3. Mayoazzzza

Mayoazzzza Enthusiast

Ratings:
    can i get a bit of help please, i have an xbox 360 with the error code e71 when my hard drive is connected, but if i disconnect the hard drive then boot up the xbox i get an e71 error code. So my main question is what order do they need to be fixed and how do you fix the e71 and e74 if you can. Sorry for the noobie question, but thats what i am :biggrin:

4. Ix ADZ xI

Ix ADZ xI AWESOME!

Ratings:
    Did you have an update then you got E71?

5. Mayoazzzza

Mayoazzzza Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey man, its an e79 and e71 my bad, nah its a really old console that i havent used for a whilst so it may have came after an update a one or two years back.

6. Ix ADZ xI

Ix ADZ xI AWESOME!

Ratings:

7. Ix ADZ xI

Ix ADZ xI AWESOME!

Ratings:
    E79 - This error occurs when your harddrive is defective, it might still work sometimes....
    There is also a small chance that it is a cold joint under the Southbridge causing problems with the I/O of the HDD. It can also be related to wiring the diodes while JTAGGING. Couldn't start xam.xex

E71 - This error is related to a failed dashboard update, can also be NAND related if you have an Infectus chip. It can also often be caused by a cold joint under the Southbridge(if it wasnt caused by an update). According to XBH: Error within Xam
    If you still need help PM me :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mayoazzzza

Mayoazzzza Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thanks buddy, im a bit shoddy with the soldering and that but will try it anywayz

9. Ix ADZ xI

Ix ADZ xI AWESOME!

Ratings:
    No probs :tongue:

10. Robert Downey Jr

Robert Downey Jr R-JTAG Owner

Ratings:
    I just got a secondary code 0111. It was GPU related because the screen was on the dash (while my console was overheated and flashing 3 rrod) and when I touched the GPU's heatsink the screen went green and I got that error code.

11. XXMODZZ

XXMODZZ Getting There

Ratings:
    getting error code on my rgh
    when i start my rgh i get an updaet i hit okay then i get this error
    397f-3cd6-1800-2446-c810-1004

12. oblivioncth

oblivioncth Mr. Cloth

Ratings:
    You shouldn't be installing updates on your RGH unless it is a dual boot and on the stock NAND, or you are installing the avatar update on purpose.

13. XXMODZZ

XXMODZZ Getting There

Ratings:
    fixed it.

14. GModz Tuts

GModz Tuts Se7ensins Un-Official Lobby Verifier

Ratings:
    also, Buzz Lightyear i found another if youre willing to add it :smile:

0022 - can also be cause if you attempted the rgh hack and used 50 ohm low loss cable for cpu_rst and grounded it, could cause a ground on the board around the jbc1 jumper making the console throw a 0022. - known fixes, desolder the motherboard - side cpu_rst cable and tape up to the tip and re solder. alternatively, tape around the point on the motherboard and resolder.

15. elelchupasomething

elelchupasomething Newbie

Ratings:
    Sooooo much reading and I might not be comprehending something but I get an error code with 0099. What does that mean.

16. phrozenballs

phrozenballs Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hi guys i have an old fashioned jtag which 3rrod with a secondary code of 0003 i have tried a different psu and reflowed the gpu and cpu and its still giving the same fault . Its a first gen xenon board not the end of the world if i cant get it up and running cause i have a few BB jaspers here but i would really like to get it back into action . Any suggestions please

17. Fordfx2

Fordfx2 Newbie

Ratings:
    E79 also means that you may have a bad nand flash...

18. Chaos

Chaos Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Does anyone know how to fix e79? Like could I send it to someone and you could fix it? Thanks

19. Stipo360

Stipo360 Getting There

Ratings:
    i bricked my jtag by updating dashlaunch while running RGloader.. is this a terrible thing or is it fixable? I get ZERO controller lights or red lights flashing, i left it booting for 3 minutes and it doesnt do ****. The center light glows and stays green. When i boot the console with eject, xell doesnt launch.. It does exaclty what booting from power button does. Please reply. Is this a type of crazy super messed up fried GPU "type" brick? Or is it a bad flash caused by dash launch updating. Please take that into consideration, my jtag was running fine with RGloader. But i updated dashlaunch and it told me to reboot the console, so i did but now it wont boot. Please help, is it a peice of trash or is it fixable?

20. bananaswag

bananaswag rip

Ratings:
    This is a bad NAND flash, I had my Jtag doing the same thing after flashing a new NAND with Flash360.

On another note,does anyone know what is wrong if lights 1, 2 and 4 are red?