What's new

Unsolved Xbox 360 E RF Module - Need Help Identifying Pins to Connect to PC Via USB

J

JPaycheck

Reaction score
I have an rf module taken from an Xbox 360 E console that I've been wanting to modify to allow for use of Xbox 360 wireless controllers on PC. Except I don't know what pins do what... It's similar visually to the Xbox 360 Slim, but applying the wires the same way doesn't pick up correctly on my PC. Instead of "Unknown Device" it gives me a device descriptor error, and I can't apply the drivers to it.

Was wondering if anyone knew which wires go where. (Red, black, green, and white usb cable wires) I've been searching for a while to find a tutorial or diagram depicting the Xbox 360 E rf module modded for use on PC but I've not found anything... If there's already a post over it, link it please.

This is what the front of the module looks like, where the pins on the bottom is where the wires should connect... But again, idk which wire goes where.
HTB1k7cabijrK1RjSsplq6xHmVXaX.jpg

If anyone knows where each wire goes, please reply. Note this rf module is for the Xbox 360 E, not the Slim. Help would be much appreciated. Hope everyone's having a great day.
Post automatically merged:

Front of mine Back of mine
37Gjs9.jpg
37GXxS.jpg

Last edited:
H

HYX

Create your creativity
Retired
Lifetime
Beginning of An Odyssey Scaling the Mountain Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Are you trying to convert the RF board to be a USB controller adapter for PC?

J

JPaycheck

Reaction score
Yes. I've done it with older Slim RF boards, but the only board I have rn is an E RF board, and I've never done it on an E RF board... Assuming it's possible, I just need to know which pin does what to connect it properly to my PC via a USB cable.

H

HYX

Create your creativity
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Yes. I've done it with older Slim RF boards, but the only board I have rn is an E RF board, and I've never done it on an E RF board... Assuming it's possible, I just need to know which pin does what to connect it properly to my PC via a USB cable.
Try to see if you can find a pinout diagram for your board and if you have done it before you can probably find a way to make it work.

J

JPaycheck

Reaction score
Try to see if you can find a pinout diagram for your board and if you have done it before you can probably find a way to make it work.
I've been looking for a while for a pinout, but every one I find is for the Slim RF, not the E. When I wire the E RF board the same as you would a Slim RF board, it gives me a device descriptor error instead of an unknown device error.

H

HYX

Create your creativity
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
I've been looking for a while for a pinout, but every one I find is for the Slim RF, not the E. When I wire the E RF board the same as you would a Slim RF board, it gives me a device descriptor error instead of an unknown device error.
I don't really know then. I figured it would be somewhere but if it isn't then who knows on it.. I haven't ever thought about doing it so I don't have experience with the pinouts of them.

Top Bottom