What's new

Unsolved Xbox 360 DVD spoofing

• Thread starter leadbelly666
  • Start date
  • Views 117
L

leadbelly666

Reaction score
I have an Xbox 360 Xenon I bought used. It plays older games, but it can't take a dashboard update to play newer games I have, gives a C000 0099 error. Previous owner had the DVD drive replaced by a shop. The service sticker says they replaced a BenQ 64930C with a LiteOn 74850C. I guess it has the correct DVD key but the OSIG fails.

What's the easiest way to overcome the OSIG mismatch issue? I have this LiteOn, plus a Hitachi and a Samsung pulled from bad consoles, but no BenQ. Can any of these 3 DVD drives spoof the BenQ OSIG?

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an Xbox 360 Xenon I bought used. It plays older games, but it can't take a dashboard update to play newer games I have, gives a C000 0099 error. Previous owner had the DVD drive replaced by a shop. The service sticker says they replaced a BenQ 64930C with a LiteOn 74850C. I guess it has the correct DVD key but the OSIG fails.

What's the easiest way to overcome the OSIG mismatch issue? I have this LiteOn, plus a Hitachi and a Samsung pulled from bad consoles, but no BenQ. Can any of these 3 DVD drives spoof the BenQ OSIG?
Have you got a 360 dvd drive flashing kit ?
If not you need an X360 USB kit,a pc or laptop (pref running Windows 7 O/S for driver compatibility) a CK3 Mini kit (this is to provide power to your replacement drive) and a CK3i Probe (so you can grab the DVD key from the Lite-On drive)
Next you need the JungleFlasher software and the LT+ Custom firmware or Stock firmware.
Once you have all your parts ready and the JungleFlasher software installed on a Windows 7 machine,your good to go,As JungleFlasher has a "PDF" tutorial you can follow.
I strongly advise you to flash the spare Samsung drive as the replacement drive and "Spoof" it as a BenQ with the DVD Key from the Lite-On drive.

Top Bottom