Unsolved Xbox 360 Corona V2 Red Light after RGH

• Thread starter ChromaMods
  • Start date
  • Views 241
C

ChromaMods

Reaction score
Hey,

Recently, I was working on a RGH console and encountered an error which I havent seen before, and cant seem to find any solutions online for. After flashing the new ECC file generated from the NAND dump, the console immediately red lighted. I found a few posts here stating to reflash your original nand dump to verify it isnt hardware damage, so I did, and now the console boots partially. It sometimes shows the 360 booting screen, then will randomly shut down and go red light. I've checked the error code on the console's ROL and I have received an error code 0010, and in checking the error, stated that the console is overheating. I replaced the thermal paste on the console as I had to verify the board's version and whether or not I needed a post fix adapter, so the board does not have original thermal grease on it. This error only started to occur after flashing the ECC to the board using SD tool. I'm confident that i got a good read as I was able to read it 3 times and all three reads were the same.

With the ECC file, I read that all it does is write to the first couple blocks of the NAND to allow us to boot to Xell. In flashing the backup version of the NAND, it should change that back to factory and allow the console to boot stock, yeah? I can post pictures of my solder job for the SD tool or the glitch chip, however, I have the glitch chip disabled to try and boot stock (same with the crystal wire for SDTool). I am using SDTool v2.2 for the job.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
-Chroma

C

ChromaMods

Reaction score
Update: I was able to successfully boot into Xell, however the xbox powered down after running for 30-45 seconds or so with a red light. Checked the error code and it was 0010. It's not a CPU cooling error as I have a heatsink on the board with fresh thermal paste, so I am thinking that it could be a faulty sensor on the CPU as I did boot it once without the cooler on by accident and it auto shut down (still on stock NAND when it happened). I found a few sources stating that removing R4D(3-8) resistors would resolve the problem and replacing each one with a short as each resister should be close to 0-Ohms, and sometimes they will desolder or become faulty, leading to poor temperature readings on the console.

Of course, removing all and replacing them with shorts when they all could be fully operational is a bad idea, however, the only thing preventing me from moving on is the RROL issues. The console glitches and boots into Xell just fine, however, I wasn't able to get the CPU key before it did reset.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom