Solved Xbox 360 Corona V2 red dot after RGH attempt

• Thread starter Gr33n_Sn0w
  • Start date
  • Views 485
G

Gr33n_Sn0w

Reaction score
Hey,

I tried recently to RGH my xbox 360 slim. Here a some information on the hardware :

- Model : Xbox 360 slim
- Motherboard : Corona V2 4Gb
- RGH Chip : Ace V5
- Nand kit : Xecuter Nand RW Kit

I started by installing the nand kit and successfully dumped the nand then tried to run the xbox stock and it worked as usual.

I then attempted to solder the Ace V5 chip with all 8 wires. I stupidly tried to turn the xbox on and it gave me the red dot.

I tried to desolder the 3.3v wire but still red dot. I finished by removing all the wire and nand kit to have a stock console but still red dot with 0020 error code.

I looked at all the solder points I touched on the board but everything seems ok.

The only thing that seems off is on the C1 et C2 points, the resistance seems weird : 1.8 M ohms :

Capture-d-e-cran-2021-03-14-a-12-08-35.png

Seems like I killed my console but dont know how.

If any body has an idea !

Thank you all

G

Gr33n_Sn0w

Reaction score
I looked at this thread, the person has had a similar problem.

Could someone confirm the resistance value on the 4 resistor around c1 and c2 point ?

That could really help me :smile:

Thank you
Post automatically merged:

So I found that R3D8 and R3D6 are 33 ohms and R3D7 R3D9 are 51 ohms 0402 smd resistors.

I clearly burned R3D6, I just ordered some new resistor and will keep you posted if this helps anybody else.

I just hope I didn't fry the southbridge when I burned the resistor

Last edited:
skykilller30

skykilller30

Reaction score
So did you figure it out and get your Xbox working? I am in the same boat and i diconnected R3D6 and then im pretty sure i torched it trying to get it back on. I have the red dot too. Did you get it replaced and what resistance did you purchase?

Top Bottom